Led by our industry expert, Dirk Bosch, this unique 5 day Commissioning course covers all the core elements of commissioning, following best practices and principles to enable a successful commissioning methodology utilizing a systematic integrated approach to the processes and procedures.
Realizing the change in mind-set – “The Paradigm Shift” of when the commissioning process should be initiated in projects and avoiding the “Green Button Syndrome®”.
What's Special About This Course?
Aside from being one of the few commissioning courses publicly available, it is run by Dirk Bosch, who brings 40 active years of petro-chemical and oil & gas industry experience in the fields of pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up & completions, operations & maintenance environment, gas processing and refineries. Acclaimed globally for his expertise in Commissioning, Dirk has held the role of pre-commissioning / commissioning manager on three recent mega projects including 2 pipeline projects for the New Multi Products Pipeline (NMPP) project in South Africa from Durban to Johannesburg with associated Pump Stations & Coastal & Inland Terminals. Dirk is currently Completions & Commissioning Manager on the TANAP Project in Turkey comprising 1840 km 56" & 46" Main Pipeline, associated Compressor Stations, Metering Stations, Pigging Stations and Block Valve Stations.
Dirk has also delivered papers and being guest speaker at conferences internationally. Achievements: Paper Presentation “Commissioning Planning – A Sasol Technology Approach” at the 4th World Congress of the International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC) - 2004 Guest Speaker for CEASA/SAPCI to present paper on “Commissioning” Guest Speaker for CEASA/SAPCI to present paper on “Commissioning Planning" Attended World Engineering Congress – Plant Start-up & Commissioning in Bangkok in 2008 Attending Commissioning Professionals Symposium – Houston 2018.
Also, remember that this course is operated by WorleyParsons, a key and widely recognized player in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) field.
The course is all about “Enabling the Miracle”, managing the unexpected during the highest risk period of a project. Focusing on areas such as the transition from construction to operations through the continuous process of changing ownership and proving the operability of the newly constructed facilities.
The key objective of the course is to focus on the application and providing a foundation for execution of tasks by commissioning managers and commissioning engineers.
The course offers an in-depth, structured hands on training, designed for those who need practical tools to use when faced with challenges during the commissioning phases of a project. Avoid the common pitfalls of disregarding pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities until it is too late to implement effectively, increasing time pressures and budget overruns.
Days 1 – 3 of this course provides a theoretical overview of commissioning and continues on to day 4 and 5 which then incorporates this theory into how commissioning is performed within your company.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Commissioning Management Course is a 5 day intensive course for current or prospective commissioning managers and commissioning engineers. The course may be suitable for anyone working in the commissioning environment, and facing challenges on a current project or preparing for a new project.
Intermediate level (for Senior Plant personnel & Project Engineers) to advanced level (for existing or new commissioning engineers and commissioning managers) course duration can be customized for specific requirements by the client. Course can be broken down into different suites to suit the audience and project requirements:
- 1 day punching / walk-down course for pre-commissioning teams comprising contractor and owner personnel
- 1 day Introduction to Commissioning Course for design engineers, project engineers and project managers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize and interpret the core elements related to commissioning.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement their newly acquired knowledge to execute the commissioning process and deliverable.
Apply effective commissioning leadership and direction for successful commissioning related to key focus areas, including Front End Loading.
Upon completion, you will receive a WorleyParsons Academy Certificate Of Attendance.
Training Course Content
- Application of Methodology
- Commissioning Philosophy and Execution
- Systematization of Systems and Sub-systems
- Commissioning Framework Plans
- Pre-commissioning Requirements
- Walk-downs / Check-outs / Punching
- Cleaning, Drying and Cleanliness
- Commissioning Requirements
- Start-up Requirements
- Pre-production Budget
- Influence Commissioning requirement in Contract Bids and provide clarity in Bid Evaluations
- Handover / Turnover
- Commissioning Manual Content
- Commissioning Management Tool (CMT)
- Group Exercises
The Commissioning Course is a systematic approach in executing the commissioning methodology from the Project Conceptual Phase through to the completion of Project Execution Phase:
- Commissioning Basics Overview
- What is Commissioning
- The Paradigm Shift
- Introduction to a Commissioning Methodology
- Commissioning Milestone Theory
- Checkout / Walk-down / Punch Process
- Mechanical Completion
- Commissioning Activities
- Group Exercise – Top 10 Steps (Homework)
- Feedback from Day 1 Group Exercise
- Commissioning of Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Commissioning of Electrical Facilities
- Commissioning Mechanical Equipment & Piping, including :
- Rotating Equipment
- Reasons for Late Start-up – Group session
- Problem Solving during Commissioning and Start-up
- Root causes
- Safety problems
- Team Morale
- Commissioning Manager – attributes
- Systemisation – Boundary definitions and Systems / Sub-systems breakdown
- Group Exercise – Commissioning Risks
- Commissioning Risk Management
- Commissioning Organisation
- Manpower Planning
- Commissioning Plan & Schedule
- Commissioning Pre-production Budget
- Commissioning Philosophy & Strategy
- Commissioning Execution Plan – scoping
- Pre-commissioning Techniques
- Loop Checking
- Types of Flushing
- Chemical Cleaning
- Cleanliness Philosophy
- Feedback / Lessons shared at World Congresses / Symposiums
- Detailed Commissioning Methodology
- Performance Tests
- Interfaces & SIMOPS
- Contracting Strategy and Contractual Requirements
- Estimating Costs and Norms
- Handover Management
- Peer Reviews
- Commissioning Contractual Requirements
- Licensor Requirements & Responsibilities
- Vendors & Contractors
- Group Exercise
- Commissioning Management Tool (CMT)
- Intelligent punch inspection tools – hand held tablets
- Commissioning Risk Management
- Safety in Commissioning
- Commissioning Governance
- Commissioning Critical Success Factors
- Commissioning Readiness Review
- Organisation Readiness
- Occupational Health & Safety Delegations
- Individual exercise
We want to help our clients empower their people, maximizing professional capabilities to sustain asset integrity and growth. The Academy’s offerings will create a learning experience that will engage, inspire and empower learners to transfer their knowledge back into the...
Find out more about this Commissioning Management - In-house course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!