Using WorleyParsons’s vast knowledge and experience, this course provides in-depth technical knowledge of offshore Oil & Gas processes and design considerations to provide Process/Facilities/Operating engineers with industry international best practices.
The emphasis is on oil production facilities – from the wellhead, to the delivery of a specification gas or crude oil product, to the refinery. In addition to the engineering aspects of oil production facilities, practical operating problems will also be covered, including emulsion treatment and sand handling.
What's Special About this Course?
This course is run by Kavitha Raghavendra, who has 26 years of industry work experience in the areas of Technical Engineering Management, Flow Assurance, Process Design and Engineering and Process Safety. She manages WorleyParsons’ Flow Assurance & Process team in Singapore. Her experience does not only cover flow assurance and process studies for subsea pipelines but also covers basic engineering, conceptual studies, detailed engineering, pre-commissioning, validation and start-up of oil and gas facilities, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and fertilizer plants. On top of all of this, she has authored many technical papers in the area of Flow Assurance for subsea oil and gas pipeline systems, and presented at top conferences across the globe, including the Marine Operations Specialty Symposium in Singapore, Deep Offshore Technology Conference and Exhibition in New Orleans in Louisiana, Offshore Oil and Gas Processing Training Conference in POSTECH, South Korea and many more.
Also, remember that this course is operated by Worley, a key and widely recognized player in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC).
This course covers the basic concepts and techniques necessary to design, specify and manage oil and gas production facilities. It includes a comprehensive overview of oil and gas conditioning and processing technology and provides a clear understanding of the equipment and processes used in common oil and gas separation and treating systems.
Participants will develop a “feel” for the important parameters of designing and operating an oil and gas production facility.The course leverages WorleyParsons’s vast global experience in working for international and national oil and gas companies, multinational engineering contractors and equipment suppliers to facilitate participants’ understanding of the uncertainties and assumptions inherent in designing and using the equipment in these systems and the limitations, advantages and disadvantages associated with their use.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Process or facilities engineers and senior operating personnel involved with the design and operation of oil, gas and produced water processing facilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the oil and gas facilities terminology
- Discuss how oil and gas processing fits into the value chain for hydrocarbon products
- Describe fundamental concepts underlying Oil & Gas processing
- Understand main characteristics of reservoir fluids
- Assess problems induced by unwanted components in reservoir fluids
- Detail field treatment of Oil & Gas streams and processes technology
- Analyze operating conditions and basic design of oil, gas and water treatment
- Get an introduction to the static equipment and rotating machinery used in production facilities and related key operating parameters
- Ascertain the treatment processes necessary for gas, oil and production water
- Know about the typical utilities required for Oil & Gas processing and related design considerations
- Gain an understanding of the relief systems and sizing considerations
Upon completion, you will receive a Worley Academy Certificate Of Attendance.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to Upstream Industry
- Oil Treatment
- Gas Treatment
- Produced Water Treatment
- Relief Systems
Topic 1: Overview
- Offshore Processing Overview
- General Layout Constraints
Topic 2: Introduction
- Reservoir & Seismic
- Offshore Drilling & Completions
- Reservoir Drive Mechanisms
- Artificial Lift, Stimulation
- Improved Recovery Techniques
Topic 3: Oil treatment
- Bulk Liquid Separation
- Oil Export
Topic 4: Gas Treatment
- Acid Gas Treatment
- Liquids Recovery
- Mercury Removal
Topic 5: Water Treatment
- Produced Water Treating Equipment
- System Considerations
- Treatment for Water Injection
Topic 6: Utilities
- Fuel Gas
- Closed & Open Drains
- Compressed Air
- Fire Protection
- Potable Water
- Sewage Treatment
Topic 7: Relief systems
- Flare & Vent System
- Relief Valves
- Lines Sizing
- Relief Valve Installation
We want to help our clients empower their people, maximizing professional capabilities to sustain asset integrity and growth. The Academy’s offerings will create a learning experience that will engage, inspire and empower learners to transfer their knowledge back into the...
Find out more about this Offshore Oil and Gas Processing - In-house course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!