WP Courses was set up by Toby Thomas, a professional WordPress consultant who runs all the courses himself. Toby has a wealth of experience in web design, SEO (search engine optimisation), online marketing and in using WordPress to build attractive, effective websites, which Google loves, which get traffic and convert it. Toby also has a range of experience as a teacher/trainer to all ages and backgrounds, from children and students to professionals and business owners.
Would you like bespoke, in-house or on-site training in WordPress?
We can deliver WordPress training on your premises – just let us know what you are after by getting in touch here and we will provide you with a quote.
We frequently train companies of all sizes, on their own premises. This can offer businesses several benefits, depending on where in the UK you are based and how many staff need training.
We offer bespoke training on all of the subjects covered in our basic or advanced WordPress courses, and much more. You can decide what the priorities are for your business and the training can be tailored to you.
Types of Courses Offered
Some topics you may wish to include in your bespoke training…
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installation and Set Up
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Posts and Pages
- Categories and Tags
- Users, Links and Comments
- Themes and Plugins
- Theme Frameworks
- Why and how to use the Genesis framework
- Menus and Widgets
- Images and Videos
- Galleries and Portfolios
- Contact Forms and Maps
- Security, Stability and Backing Up
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Tracking – traffic, visitors and site stats
- How to get visitors and “traffic”
- SEO – “Search Engine Optimisation” – how to get up Google!
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends and Keywords
- Blogs and Forums
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Make your site easy to navigate, accessible and print friendly
- Auto Translate – have your WordPress site written in any language for free
- WordPress for the small business
- Making money out of your website
- Getting the best out of the Genesis framework
- Configuring and Customising Genesis Child Themes
- Using image sliders, featured images and special widgets for the perfect design & homepage
- Run an Online Store with the leading eCommerce Plugins
- Run and Sell Events, Tickets, Courses or Holidays with the Events Manager Plugin
- Advanced Website Forms with Contact Form 7
- Advanced Widgets
- Editing and Optimising Images for WordPress
- Portfolios, Screengrabs and Image Galleries
- Videos and Screencasts
- Using WordPress Multisite
- Making money with affiliate schemes
Marketing your WordPress site — Increasing Traffic and Conversions
- Advanced Search Engine Optimisation
- Getting incoming links into your Site
- Using Google Analytics
- Advertising with Google AdWords
- Advertising with Facebook
- Tracking Conversions
- Email Marketing with MailChimp
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!