Learn Web Design with WordPress & build a website in ONE day for £145.
WordPress is the world’s most popular web design tool and this course takes you through from the basics, including installation and set up, to cover all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers.
You will learn to…
- set up and run a great website of your own
- add content, images and videos
- add structure and navigation menus
- apply an attractive design using easy templates
- make the site search engine friendly
- add contact forms, maps and take payments
- add social networking and track visitors
- add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
- and much, much more…
Get your own domain name
After the course, we can set your site up on any UK domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can keep the site after the course, hosted free for one year. After that, optional hosting is available from just £8/mo for our standard WordPress hosting package.
WordPress Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Install, set up and update WordPress automatically
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Creating pages and posts… and understanding the difference
- Sourcing, editing and uploading images
- Add videos from YouTube
- Users, categories and links
- Comments and avoiding spam
- Organising your posts and articles into a blog
- Add and customise the top navigation menus
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best plugins and themes
- Customise themes with colours and navigation menus
- Insert a logo which automatically links to the homepage
- Add sidebar widgets for search, social media, static and dynamic content
- Ensuring a responsive, mobile friendly design
- Themes vs frameworks
- Why and how to use the industry-standard Genesis framework
- Add contact forms to receive visitors’ enquiries
- Add an interactive Google Map so visitors can find you
- Create a product/sales page and Buy Now button
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Automatically create search engine friendly XML sitemaps
- Using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins to rank well
- Keyword research and SEO strategies to rank well on Google
- Security, stability & backing up
- Backup your site the easy way
- How to get visitors/traffic and track it with Google Analytics
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Adding sitemap, privacy & terms pages easily
- Make your site easy to navigate & accessible
- Auto Translate – have your site translated into any language for free
Also get advice on...
- WordPress features and benefits for the small business, company, individual or charity
- Making money out of your website
- Getting a great domain name
- Get great hosting for your WordPress website
- Apply your chosen domain name to your website
- Set up email addresses
- Get all the best tools and services to help you - lists provided
Whether you already have a site and want to manage it properly or are starting completely from scratch, this is the course for you.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
WP Courses was set up by Toby Thomas, a professional WordPress consultant who runs all the courses himself. Toby has a wealth of experience in web design, SEO (search engine optimisation), online marketing and in using WordPress to build attractive,...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!