Kleinians Since Klein Study Group
How could Kleinian perspectives help you in your practice? Perhaps you’ve looked at the work of people like Hanna Segal, Wilfred Bion, Betty Joseph, John Steiner and Ron Britton in training. Coming back to these with greater clinical experience allows you to explore what they offer in more depth – to get hold of connections and understand better what goes on in and beyond the consulting room.
This study group is concerned with developments in Kleinian theory and practice over the past seventy years – what has remained central, what has been discarded, what has become better understood and what is contentious today. It is designed to work at different levels, offering food for thought to those unfamiliar with psychoanalytic thinking as well as to those who wish to extend and enrich their understanding and use of Kleinian approaches.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By participating in this study group, you can expect to gain:
- A deeper understanding of projective and identificatory processes in work with clients.
- A broader conception of how internal and external worlds interact and affect each other.
- Greater clarity about where you stand in relation to key theoretical and ethical issues.
- An overview of what the Kleinian tradition has contributed to British Object Relations.
Training Course Content
- The development of the mind and the inner world: primitive mechanisms
- The development of the mind and the inner world: separation and integration
- Pathological organisations of the personality
- The development of the capacity to think,
- The facts of life and the Oedipal triangle
- The central importance of transference/countertransference
- Envy and the death instinct
- The blocking of insight, learning and growth
- What is distinctive about Kleinian work?
Course delivery details
The group has been popular and successful in previous years and is generally fully subscribed. The 2020-2021 course will be entirely online, allowing those who live outside London to take part.
It is possible to attend individual sessions, but there is much to be gained by revisiting material that may seem familiar and through involvement in an ongoing process. In previous years there has been a lively dynamism in the group. Members have found a space to share impressions, responses, puzzlement, realisations and insights, with an emphasis on clinical issues.
- 10 sessions in total: £275
- Per individual session: £25
WPF Therapy provides therapy services for more than 400 clients every week at our modern premises near London Bridge. We also provide training and professional courses in counselling and psychotherapy for over 1,000 people every year. We are a charity...
Find out more about this Kleinians Since Klein Study Group course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!