Post-Qualification Certificate in Supervision
WPF Therapy was one of the first training organisations to develop a supervision training in 1985. Over the years it has developed its unique training in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic supervision in which theoretical understanding and clinical practice are linked. This qualification is offered to experienced psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapists and counsellors who wish to train as supervisors of one to one psychotherapy or counselling. Applicants may also be integrative trained counsellors and psychotherapists who work psychodynamically and are interested in developing skills as a supervisor from a psychodynamic perspective. It is a two term, part-time post qualification certificate.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Applicants are required to be at least 2 years post-qualification with at least 500 hours of clinical practice (some of which may have been completed during training). This course is open to psychodynamically trained counsellors and psychotherapists and integrative trained counsellors and psychotherapists who work psychodynamically.
- be experienced psychodynamic counsellors who have completed a Diploma in Counselling through a BACP Accredited Training or have a Diploma in Counselling and are eligible for BACP Accreditation qualified in individual work.
- or be psychotherapists eligible for registration by UKCP (CPJA Section) or BPC qualified in individual work.
- or be Integrative Practitioners or Counselling Psychologists with a strong psychodynamic strand qualified in individual work and holding appropriate professional registrations (UKCP, BACP).
- will normally have had a minimum of 2 years psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy with a psychotherapist registered with BPC or UKCP (CPJA Section).
- be providing, or be in a position to provide, supervision to a level appropriate to their qualification for more than one counsellor or psychotherapist, either individually or in a group.
Please note all applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Qualification awarded by the course provider
Training Course Content
Course Outline will include – amongst other areas (in line with BACP Guidelines):
- The supervisor in context
- Building the supervisory relationship
- Assessment in supervision
- Basic Concepts in Supervision – Contracts, Boundaries & Money
- Unconscious Processes and the Supervisory Triangle
- Transference, Countertransference and the Reflection Process
- Group Dynamics in Supervision
- Defences and Resistances in Supervision
- The Supervisory Frame
- The Internal Supervisor
Course delivery details
This course takes place on Thursday mornings online (Microsoft Teams or Zoom depending on group size) from 9.30am – 12.40pm. There will be no in building attendance for this course. Applicants must have good broadband access, a private place for attending sessions, and technological competence to engage online.
There is a seminar and a supervision of supervision group which take place over two terms of ten weeks (i.e. 20 sessions). Applicants will require a supervision placement and will need to complete 20 hours of logged counselling supervision for award of the Certificate.
£2,950 (non-refundable registration fee of £100 plus two termly payments of £1,425)
WPF Therapy provides therapy services for more than 400 clients every week at our modern premises near London Bridge. We also provide training and professional courses in counselling and psychotherapy for over 1,000 people every year. We are a charity...
Find out more about this Post-Qualification Certificate in Supervision course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses