Sex, Lies and Technology with Susan Tyler - Online Workshop
Why are people having less sex than ever? What role does technology play in this and how can we understand it clinically?
- Would you like to explore the impact of technology, artificial intelligence and the internet on sex, desire and relationships to address these issues in therapy?
- How technology has affected sexual and erotic norms over the last two decades?
- Would you like to learn how the sexual use of technology (via internet porn, AI and fantasy relationships) can be understood and used therapeutically to enhance connection and avoid dehumanisation?
Suitability - Who should attend?
Psychotherapists and counsellors in private practice and trainees. The focus of the workshop will be psychodynamic but practitioners in other modalities are welcome to apply.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
All participants completing the workshop will receive a Certificate of Attendance for their Continuing Professional Development portfolio.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have abroader understanding of how technology influences and subverts the work of desire.
- Be able to link ways technology can be used to express internal conflicts.
- Gain ideas of how to help clients use technology as a bridge to connection rather than an escape or psychic retreat.
- To know how therapy can help when the use of technology has become addictive or perverse.
Course delivery details
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom online.
Sue Tyler is a psychotherapist and supervisor in private practice working in Brighton and central London. She holds an MA in Psychoanalytic Studies from WPF. She is currently training to be a Jungian Analyst at the Society of Analytical Psychology.
- Qualified Practitioners: £80
- Counselling/Psychotherapy Trainees: £70
- WPF Therapy Trainees/Staff: £55
WPF Therapy provides therapy services for more than 400 clients every week at our modern premises near London Bridge. We also provide training and professional courses in counselling and psychotherapy for over 1,000 people every year. We are a charity...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Sex, Lies and Technology with Susan Tyler - Online Workshop course - simply fill out your details: