The Power of Transference in the Therapeutic Relationship with Daliah Slater and Sarabeth Morrison
Transference is ubiquitous. Yet whilst it is often elusive and complex in its nature, working with this unconscious process is an integral part of the therapeutic process.
This workshop will enable you to gain a better theoretical understanding of the complexities and powerful phenomenon of transference and its different types.
- What is transference? Do you struggle with the potentially confusing concept of transference?
- Have you ever experienced strong or inexplicable feelings when working with a client?
- Have you ever felt stuck, uncomfortable or overwhelmed?
- Have you ever found yourself getting confused or ‘into something’ with your client? It may be that you are caught in the powerful phenomenon of transference.
- Do you want to be better able to identify and make sense of the complexities of this?
- Do you want to feel more confident in how to work with the transference, so it becomes a tool for your practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is open to qualified and training psychotherapists and counsellors. The theoretical orientation of the workshop will be psychodynamic but practitioners of other modalities are welcome to attend.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
All participants completing the workshop will receive a Certificate of Attendance for their Continuing Professional Development portfolio.
By attending this workshop you will expect:
- To broaden the understanding of transference theoretically, experientially and practically.
- To gain confidence in recognising, exploring and using transference.
- To reflect on the transference within clinical work and to consider interpretations practical ways of working with it.
- To feel more skilled at working with the transference in clinical practice.
Training Course Content
Through experiential exercises and focused discussions, in partners and in groups, you will explore the transference looking for clues and reflecting on this as a means of unconscious communication. Using case studies and film you will explore different transferences in action. Within a safe space, you will explore any current difficulties you may be having with your clinical work. This will enable you to consider practical ways of unravelling and working with the transference.
Course delivery details
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom online.
The day will consist of theoretical presentations that will link theory with practice, experiential exercises, case study discussion and film. Ample time will be allowed for discussion of clinical work and other relevant material.
- Qualified Practitioners: £80
- Counselling/Psychotherapy Trainee: £70
- WPF Therapy Trainees/Staff: £55
WPF Therapy provides therapy services for more than 400 clients every week at our modern premises near London Bridge. We also provide training and professional courses in counselling and psychotherapy for over 1,000 people every year. We are a charity...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this The Power of Transference in the Therapeutic Relationship with Daliah Slater and Sarabeth Morrison course - simply fill out your details: