Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
5 Days Masterclass on Forensic Auditing (Forensic Accounting)Zoe Talent Solutions
5 Days Masterclass on Forensic Auditing (Forensic Accounting)
Forensic accounting, forensic accountancy or financial forensics is the specialty practice area of accounting that describes engagements that result from actual or anticipated disputes or litigation. "Forensic" means "suitable for use in a court of law", and it is to that standard and potential outcome that forensic accountants generally have to work. Forensic accountants, also referred to as forensic auditors or investigative auditors, often have to give expert evidence at the eventual trial. All of the larger accounting firms, as well as many medium-sized and boutique firms and various Police and Government agencies have specialist forensic accounting departments. Within these groups, there may be further sub-specializations: some forensic accountants may, for example, just specialize in insurance claims, personal injury claims, fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, construction, or royalty audits.
- Financial forensic engagements may fall into several categories. For example:
- Economic damages calculations, whether suffered through tort or breach of contract
- Post-acquisition disputes such as earn outs or breaches of warranties
- Bankruptcy, insolvency, and reorganization
- Securities fraud
- Tax fraud
- Money laundering
- Business valuation
- Computer forensics/e-discovery
Some forensic accountants specialize in forensic analytics which is the procurement and analysis of electronic data to reconstruct, detect, or otherwise support a claim of financial fraud. The main steps in forensic analytics are (a) data collection, (b) data preparation, (c) data analysis, and (d) reporting. For example, forensic analytics may be used to review an employee's purchasing card activity to assess whether any of the purchases were diverted or divertible for personal use.
Who Should Attend?
- Financial professionals with no experience in forensics
- Accountancy professionals
- Business owners and top-level managers
- Risk managers and consultants
- Anyone interested in developing professional-level accountancy skills
- Introduction to financial statements and key ratios & maturity of financial reporting
- Role of internal audit in fraud detection
- Overview on forensic auditing and accounting
- Corporate frauds: Financial statement frauds and corporate frauds
- Case studies on banking frauds & corporate frauds
- Laws related to Forensic & Live studies of cyber security threats, red flags etc
- Tools linked with forensic auditing and accounting
- Practical session and feedback
Main Topics Covered are as follows:
Please send us a Request for more detailed and updated Course Outline
Can't find what you're looking for? All of our courses are fully customisable and our team of instructors can include or exclude any set of modules, or tailor the entire course to facilitate your learning requirements
Forensic auditing is important because it presents financial statement and transaction information in a way that is suitable for court. Engagements relating to criminal matters typically arise in the aftermath of fraud. They frequently involve the assessment of accounting systems and accounts presentation in essence assessing if the numbers reflect reality.
- Understanding the meaning and concept of forensic auditing & accounting
- Framework and coverage of forensic management
- Scope of internal auditors in fraud management
- Financial statement frauds and related misstatements
- Various fraud case studies
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Please contact us for details.
Provider: Zoe Talent Solutions
Zoe is taken from the Greek word for life, and this comes from ZOE Talent Solutions' business aim to help clients reach a fulfilled life. With over 40 consultants and more than 20 languages, ZOE have offices in four countries...