Oil Spill (Supervisory Level) ProgramZoe Talent Solutions
Oil Spill (Supervisory Level) Program
Oil spills are one of the most dangerous and devastating marine accidents. The severe damage and losses they cause to marine life and the marine environment make it mandatory for all marine organisations to follow certain guidelines and standards of operation to prevent such accidents.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a complete understanding of oil spills and detailed information about oil spill models. Further, this course will provide clarity related to the responsibilities of supervisors during oil spills. This will help those at the supervisory level understand their roles better and fulfil their responsibilities completely. On the other hand, those at junior levels will foresee what is expected of them to progress to the next level and can accordingly invest efforts in that direction. This course is an advanced step into managing oil spills not just at the site but even remotely, making decisions and taking action based on reports and data received from the site and after considering legal, financial, political and other implications.
Who Should Attend?
- Senior managers and officers who play a role in decision making in the event of marine accidents
- Site supervisors and offsite supervisors who are responsible for deciding next steps
- On-scene commanders who need to coordinate with supervisors for certain aspects of their role to effectively manage an oil spill
- Non-supervisory staff and response team members who would like to hone their skills and work to build capabilities to take up supervisory roles in future
- Record keepers and interpreters responsible for deriving accurate information through records to decide appropriate next steps
- Legal officers and auditors who get involved in case of any legal implications to the incident
- Safety manages and officers who are involved in maintaining safety at such locations
- Any other personnel who would be interested in knowing and understanding more about supervisory responsibilities
NOTE: Complete details of the outline with everything covered under the modules is available on sending a request or by visiting the course page on our website
Module 1 - Responsibilities of On-Scene Commanders
Module 2 - Responsibilities of Supervisors
Module 3 - Clean-Up Methods
Module 4 - Clean-Up Equipment
Module 5 - Elements of the Spill Response Procedure
Module 6 - Environmental Sensitivity Index (ESI) Mapping
Module 7 - Oil Spill Models
Module 8 - Types of Oil Spill Models
Module 9 - Other Aspects of Important Consideration
Please send us a Request for more detailed and updated Course Outline
Can't find what you're looking for? All of our courses are fully customisable and our team of instructors can include or exclude any set of modules, or tailor the entire course to facilitate your learning requirements
The main objective of this course is to empower managers and supervisors and other marine professionals with:
- Advanced knowledge and information about oil spills and resultant action or next steps based on records and data received from the site of the spill
- The knowledge and ability to comprehend and draw accurate conclusions based on information and data provided through records
- Better analytical and decision-making skills to be able to make correct decisions without seeing the state or damage caused by the oil spill incident
- The required confidence and skill to work with advanced tools and techniques, including oil spill models, to gather the required information to take appropriate next steps
- Clarity to understand the roles and responsibilities at the supervisory level to ensure that there is no delay in decision making that could amplify the damage at the site
- The skill and experience to ensure seamless communication between on- and off-site locations in order to reduce the impact of oil spills or to prevent warning ones
- The overall confidence, experience, knowledge and ability to successfully manage an oil spill end to end and minimise the impact it can cause to marine life or the losses it can cause to the business
- The needed experience and exposure to prepare for higher levels of responsibility in order to ensure steady and successful career growth and progression in the organisation
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Please contact us for details.
Provider: Zoe Talent Solutions
Zoe Talent Solutions - Empowering Life
Zoe is taken from the Greek word for life, and this comes from ZOE Talent Solutions' business aim to help clients reach a fulfilled life. With over 40 consultants and more than 20 languages, ZOE have offices in four countries...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Oil Spill (Supervisory Level) Program course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!