What courses do you need to get a job in an Office / Admin role? - Forum

30/09/2014 15:31   marijosesobrino

Good evening, I´m writing because I´m an Administrator-Accountant, but in my country Spain. So I would like to know which courses could I do in order to find a job in the U.K. related to secretary, administration, etc. Thank you very much in advance.

RE: What courses do you need to get a job in an Office / Admin role?
02/10/2014 09:27   Course Adviser

Hi there!

Thanks for posting.

Office Administration is one of our largest and most popular categories so this will certainly be of interest to many of our users.

In general terms, there are no particular qualifications that you really need to work in an administrative role in the UK. The most important thing is that you have, and are able to demonstrate, strong communication, organisational and IT skills, either by having taken relevant training or by having on-the-job experience.

A good standard of general education is also important, particularly when it comes to English and Maths.

Of course, having a qualification recognised in the UK Qualifications & Credit Framework can definitely help, and they are available at different levels:

• Level 2 Award in Business and Administration
  • Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
  • Level 4, 5 and 6 Certificate/Diploma in Business and Administrative Management

These have the benefit of being well-known in the UK, which can help your application stand out more to potential employers. At the same time, as we said above, they are not strictly necessary, so you could also opt to take some shorter to just refresh your skills.

I hope this is helpful, if you have any additional questions just ask!

Course Adviser, Findcourses.co.uk

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more