MSP Training - Forum

24/10/2014 14:15   SamTurner5

Hello, I am quite new to Project Management, a friend has advised I look into doing a MSP Training Course. Looking around the web I found http://www.msptraining.com/, Can anyone advise me on the best course or if this is the best approach? Thank you

RE: MSP Training
30/10/2014 08:43   Course Adviser

Hi Sam,

thanks for posting!

This is a good question - MSP, which stands for Managing Successful Programmes, is definitely a recognised project management certification that employers will appreciate. You can find a number of different training companies offering the qualification here. A lot of them also have reviews so you can see what other participants thought of the different courses offered.

But there are other well-known qualifications, based on different project management approaches, that can help you progress in the sector, including:

• PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments)
  • PMP (Project Management Professional)
  • APM (Agile Project Management)

Agile is becoming more and more popular since it tends to be the most flexible approach, but all three are still widely used and recognised. I would suggest that you read up on these different methods a bit more to see which one seems like it could appeal to you most.

May I ask if you have already started in a Project Management role, or if you are looking to gain a PM certification in order to make a career move?

Best regards,

Adviser, Findcourses.co.uk

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more