How do I become a driving instructor? - Forum

07/04/2016 13:58   prx1987

I'm thinking of becoming a driving instructor. What are the requirements in the UK to become a driving instructor? Where would I start?

RE: How do I become a driving instructor?
11/04/2016 12:08   The Findcourses Team

Hi there!

You'll need to meet a few requirements: be 21 years old or older, have held a UK driving licence for at least 3 years, have a clean driving record and criminal record.

If you meet those requirements, you'll need to register with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to apply for training and then pass three ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) tests. The first is theoretical and the next two are practical tests measuring your ability to drive, and ability to teach.

We recommend getting in touch with a driving instructor school in your area. Some offer free consultations where you can start the process and make a plan.

We hope that helps, please get in touch if you have any questions at 0203 318 6280.

30/06/2016 12:59   James
How difficult are the driving instructor tests?

24/01/2017 01:08   Driving-Masters.com

Approved driving instructors can post their lessons, find customers, accept bookings, and manage payments via a driving lessons comparison site.

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more