A Level Mathematics is a rigorous and highly respected course leading onto further studies in science, computing and engineering as well as in mathematics. This challenging subject develops a sound understanding of mathematical fundamentals and builds from prior work.
You will build solid skills that will aid you in all aspects of life including in the work place.
This is the ideal course for those interested in Mathematics as a concept as well as those moving on to higher education.
This A Level in Mathematics builds a solid working knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, calculus, logarithms, differentiation, mathematical reasoning and proofs. In addition, the course introduces you to the use of maths in both mechanics and statistics which are more practical applications of mathematical theory in the real world. Your tutor will provide you with expert support and assistance so you can work your way through the syllabus with confidence. You should find develop not just an understanding of mathematics but an understanding of how different areas are connected.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by AQA), you will have achieved an internationally recognised AQA A Level Mathematics
- Developing an understanding of mathematics and processes.
- Logical reasoning and the ability to identify incorrect reasoning.
- Using your skills in solving difficult unstructured problems.
- Develop and understanding of coherence and progression in mathematics.
- Recognise how a situation may be represented mathematically and understand the relationship between the real world and models.
- Use mathematics as a means of communication.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into the following units:
- A Proof
- B Algebra and Functions
- C Coordinate Geometry
- D Sequences and Series
- E Trigonometry
- F Exponentials and Logarithms
- G Differentiation
- H Integration
- I Numerical Methods
- J Vectors
- P Quantities and Units in Mechanics
- Q Kinematics
- R Forces and Newton’s Laws
- S Moments
- K Statistical Sampling
- L Data Presentation and Interpretation
- M Probability
- N Statistical Distributions
- O Statistical Hypothesis Testing
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this A-Level Mathematics course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!