Physics is the branch of science which is concerned with matter and energy. Studying Physics provides you with an understanding of the fundamental principles of the universe. Covering topics such as particles and radiation to electronics.
This qualification is a gateway to higher education and is perfect for students planning on studying engineering or sciences.
During this A Level course in Physics you will cover subjects like mechanics, particles, radiation and astrophysics. Due to the scope of topics covered A Level Physics is favoured among universities and employers.
You will develop and hone your skills in the subject as well as gaining a real enthusiasm for the subject matter. Physics makes an ideal choice for those students with interests in medicine, science and engineering.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by AQA), you will have achieved an internationally recognised AQA A Level Physics.
- Develop mathematical and problem solving skills
- Understand how Physics is used in a wider context
- Preparation for further study and or careers related to the subject
- Understand the impact sciences have on both the economy and society
- Develop scientific explanations
- Analyse and interpret data
Training Course Content
Structured in thirteen topics across three exams AQA A-Level Physics contains both compulsory and optional content.
- Topic 1: Measurements and their errors
- Topic 2: Particles and radiation
- Topic 3: Waves
- Topic 4: Mechanics and materials
- Topic 5: Electricity
- Topic 6: Further mechanics and thermal physics
- Topic 7: Fields and their consequences
- Topic 8: Nuclear physics
- Topic 9: Astrophysics
- Topic 10: Medical physics
- Topic 11: Engineering physics
- Topic 12: Turing points in physics
- Topic 13: Electronics
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this A-Level Physics course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!