This is a practical and theory work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities. You develop the skills you need to start or progress a career in travel and tourism. The qualification will provide you with the equivalent of A or AS Levels.
Upcoming start dates
See website for dates
Suitability - Who should attend?
You will need five or more GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Maths
Training Course Content
In year one you cover 10 units:
- investigating travel and tourism
- the business of travel and tourism
- marketing travel and tourism products and services
- the UK as a destination
- customer service in travel and tourism
- retail travel operations
- long haul travel destinations
- UK visitor attractions
- entertainment for holidaymakers
- a residential study visit in travel and tourism
You will also complete:
- Functional Skills qualifications – you get the chance to gain useful transferable skills in communication, application of number and ICT
- Welcome Host Award in customer service – customer service is very important in any industry but especially travel and tourism. With this award you identify and demonstrate skills which promote excellent customer service.
In the second year, you complete the following ten units:
- preparing for employment in the travel and tourism industry
- specialist tourism
- working as a holiday representative
- conferences and exhibitions
- responsible tourism
- European destinations
- investigating the cruise sector
- hospitality operations in travel and tourism
- handling air passengers
- researching current issues in travel and tourism (this is at Level 4)
You can also take an additional qualification in year 2: the NCFE Airline Cabin Crew Certificate.rent issues in travel and tourism (this is at Level 4)
Course delivery details
As well as tutorials and assignments, you take part in residential trips and visits to travel and tourism organisations.
There are no exams on this course. All 20 diploma units are assessed by completion of assignments which you produce throughout the year. You also do various activities and role-plays under observation.
Activate Learning is a forward-thinking education group that aims for far-reaching, progressive change and impact through learning. We work with learners as individuals, helping them make the choice of course and career pathway that’s right for them. Our mission is to provide work-ready talent for business, and...