Real Estate Private Equity Modelling in Excel
Learn how to structure and model Real Estate Private Equity Funds. The course models the link between individual project appraisals taught on our Real Estate Financial Modelling School and the entity that purchases them. The individual property and tenant variables are combined from their NOI and incorporated into a three-statement operating model. You will also learn how to design an incentive scheme, model the distribution of dividends and value the fund. A variety of scenarios are then modelled such as Leveraged Buy-Outs (LBOs) and Venture Capital Contributions. Finally, you will test the key drivers of the underlying assets on overall returns.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Private Equity Fund Managers
- Investment consultants and Financial advisers working with Fund Managers
- Finance professionals supporting institutional Investors
- Private Bankers and Family office representatives
- Real Estate professionals looking to expand their knowledge in corporate finance
- Recent Graduates interested in learning how to model private equity deals
Real Estate Analyst
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On this course, you will:
- Build a Real Estate Private Equity Fund model
- Understand Private Equity market structure and strategies
- Understand the basics of Fund Valuation and related metrics
- Review accounting principles as applied to Real Estate Funds
- Model dividend policy and distributions under various scenarios
- Analyse risk using metrics, tables and charts
- Use risk analysis techniques to further define fund structures
Training Course Content
Understanding a Private Equity Fund Model
- Layout and key elements of a PE Model
- Private equity market and strategies
- Understanding the deal structure and interested parties
- Understanding the capital structure
- Review of the key debt instruments
- Review of the key equity instruments (special case of Management Buyout)
Fund valuation methods
- The multiples approach to valuation
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), modelling and core concepts
- Private Equity performance metrics
- Pre-money vs Post-money valuation
- Special Cases
Review of accounting principles
- Balance Sheet: Real Estate Valuations and Debt
- Profit & Loss: Capital Allowances
- Cash Flow statement: Escrow Accounts and Distributions
Modelling Fund Dynamics, Drivers and Forecasting
- Forecast of revenue and cost drivers
- Indirect costs and historical ratios in the working capital schedule
- Amortization/Depreciation schedule and capital expenditures
- Debt schedule and the cash available to service the debt
- Modelling dividend distributions
- Shareholder’s equity schedule and completing the income statement
- Modelling and Analysing Risk
- Benchmarking returns within Real Estate and across industries
- Analyse leverage and coverage ratios
- Calculating Equity Returns Using EBITDA or Net Income
- Deconstructing and using a Return on Investment Capital (ROIC) tree
Why choose Bayfield Training
Over 22 years in business
Original Content, Unique Delivery
+90% courses review rating from past delegates
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Bayfield Training - Real Estate Executive Education (Available in the classroom & online)
Bayfield Training is a prominent global supplier of investment grade Real Estate executive education. Having begun as pioneers in the field of Real Estate Financial Modelling, today Bayfield has a huge extended network of experts, specialists and professionals within this...
Find out more about this Real Estate Private Equity Modelling in Excel course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
3,500 GBP-4,600 GBP
1,250 GBP-1,500 GBP
1,250 GBP-1,500 GBP