Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
ISO 17025 Lead AuditorBywater
ISO 17025 Lead Auditor
QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course Based on ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - 5-Day Course
Bywater has designed this five day course to provide an understanding and knowledge of auditing techniques against the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. The objective of an audit is not to act as a fault finding exercise but to identify opportunities for future improvement.
This intensive, challenging and highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates' auditing skills to conduct Quality Management System (QMS) audits against the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, in order to:
- Promote the role of audits within the management system programme and the role of auditors in supporting laboratory compliance and competency improvements.
- Objectively assess compliance of laboratories to meet accreditation body requirements.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IRCA Lead Auditor.
Bywater's QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course based on ISO/IEC 17025 meets the training requirements for individuals seeking registration as a Lead Auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme. This training is CQI and IRCA Certified Course the requirements include an examination and on completion of the course a certificate is issued.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Bywater's CQI and IRCA Certified Course: ISO/IEC 17025 QMS Lead Auditor course will be valuable for:
- Individuals who wish to perform audits to ISO/IEC 17025
- Organisations seeking ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
- Laboratory Managers / Supervisors
- Organisations that see the value of operating effective laboratory management systems (LMS)
- Current ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices
- Auditors wishing to audit laboratory environments
- Supplier quality auditors looking to evaluate laboratory service suppliers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives:
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops, case studies and simulated laboratory audits, this ISO/IEC 17025 QMS Lead Auditor Course will enable the delegates to:
- Develop practical audit skills and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 to the specific processes and needs of the company.
- Assess compliance of an organisation’s testing and calibration laboratory practices to meet the company's own internal or external (e.g. Accreditation Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the management system.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, building on skills of audit planning and structure, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, evaluating findings and reporting results back to Senior Management. Evening work groups prepare responses to case study situations.
Please be aware that there is an examination on the last day.
On completion of this ISO/IEC 17025 QMS Lead Auditor course, a certificate will be issued which contributes to the requirements to register as a CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor.
Watch our films on our Youtube channel - Bywater Training
Training Course Content
An overview of key elements covered in the CQI and IRCA Certified Course ISO/IEC 17025 QMS Lead Auditor course:
- Background and summary of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and implementing an audit system
- Management's role in reviewing the effectiveness of the overall quality system
- Planning and managing the audit:
- timing and resources
- use of checklists
- audit team selection
- Conducting the audit - techniques and auditor competence:
- evaluation of the significance of audit findings
- presenting and communicating audit reports
- Development and implementation of corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Nonconformities and quality improvement as a result of corrective actions
- Managing the 3rd party assessment and certification process
The price includes course materials, lunch, refreshments and certificate.
Bywater also offer the option to be a residential delegate, enabling you to stay at the training venue and reduce your travel time. If you are interested in this please contact Bywater on 0333 123 9001.
This course can also be run in-house and tailored to your organisation's requirements.
In-House Training - Making an Informed Decision
Training that is delivered in-house at your organisation can be a more cost-effective training solution and reduces travel costs. Bywater can tailor the training to match your own processes or requirements according to the knowledge level of your staff.
If you would like to discuss In-house training or if you would like a quote please contact 0333 123 9001.
Providing Approved Auditor & Management Systems Training & Consultancy
Bywater is one of the largest independent providers of CQI and IRCA / IEMA approved Auditor and Management Systems training in Europe. Bywater specialise in the improvement of business performance, supported by appropriate management systems, through provision of auditor training, consultancy and business...