Team leader skills: building and leading a high performance team
Our one-day Team leader skills course gives new and aspiring team leaders the tools, techniques and models they need to be able to put together and lead an effective team that gets the work done.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our Team leader skills courses are for supervisors, team leaders and project managers and anyone else who wants to lead an effective, high performing team.
Training Course Content
Building the perfect team:
- understanding the Belbin team roles
- recruitment and selection
- leading the team in the early stages
Directing your team's work:
- effective planning
- stretching team and personal objectives
- delegating to and with the team
Inspiring and motivating your team:
- leading with passion - making it matter
- motivational models for managers
- using feedback to motivate the team
Communication and the team:
- how does communication work?
- barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- pros and cons of different methods of communication
- you as a communicator
- communicating difficult messages
Common challenges for team leaders:
- interpersonal behaviour
- managing conflict
- underperformance in teams and individuals
This course also includes a year of free support from your trainer.
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Team leader skills: building and leading a high performance team course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!