Supply Chain Fundamentals
This course is a foundation in the basics of supply chain and its roles within organizations. It reviews supply chain management and the various domains within supply chain, such as customer service, manufacturing and service operations, order management, procurement and supply management, demand planning, inventory management, warehousing operations, and transportation operations. You will learn how the supply chain supports your organization's strategic and financial goals
Upcoming start dates
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for entry and supervisory level employees in supply chain management. It is also helpful for executives who are new to supply chains or a specific domain, people reentering the job market and experienced employees looking to work with commercial opportunities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Recognize the steps in the procurement process.
- Understand that there are different types of buyer-supplier relationships.
- Learn why it is important to consider the total cost of ownership when making purchases.
- Categorize the different types of demand patterns.
- Articulate some of the key operations of a warehouse.
- Understand how different areas of product transportation affect the overall success of companies.
- Identify the challenges in establishing efficient and effective transportation processes within industries.
- Determine which modes of transportation are more cost effective in given situations and why.
- Demonstrate metrics used to measure transportation service quality and efficiency.
Training Course Content
Supply chain concepts
- Customer Order Cycle
- Replenishment Cycle
- Manufacturing Cycle
- Procurement Cycle
Order and inventory management
- Fundamentals of Inventory Management
- Types of Inventory
- Costs Associated with Inventory
- Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)
- Selective Inventory Control Techniques like ABC, VED, FSN
- Inventory costing techniques – FIFO, LIFO, Weighted Average
Procurement and supply management
- The Procurement Process
- Principles of procurement
- Objectives of procurement
- The Sourcing process
- Total Cost of Ownership
Demand planning and forecasting
- Dependent and Independent demand systems
- MRP, MRP-II, ERP
- Demand planning
- Demand patterns – random, trend and seasonality components
- Qualitative and quantitative forecasting techniques
- Accuracy of Forecasting models
- Warehouse design and layout
- Material handling equipment
- Warehouse functions
- Distribution centers and cross docking
- Automation in warehousing
Transportation Planning and Management
- The role of transportation in Supply Chain
- Modes of transportation
- Hybrid modes
- Transportation cost optimization
- Freight forwarding
Why choose Convertas Management Consultants
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...