This Child Psychology - QLS Level 3 Course is designed for anyone with an interest in expanding their knowledge of child psychology, as well as the theory and practice related to the development of children.
The distance learning training programme, which involves 100 hours of self study, will allow successful participants to gain a QLS Level 3 Endorsed Certificate of Achievement. This means that they will have developed:
- an overview of psychological approaches to child development
- an awareness of how developmental psychology principles are applied to certain aspects of child education and care
- an understanding of the different methodologies used in psychological enquiry & investigation
- skills in the use of various different psychological approaches & methods
The course is paper-based and gives users access to a personal tutor that they can contact by mail or e-mail for a period of 12 months.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Approximate Delivery Time
1-2 Working Days (Courier Service)
Paper Based Materials
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Child Psychology - QLS Level 3 Course is suitable for anyone looking to gain an understanding of child psychology and development.
There are no particular pre-requisites for admission to the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Child Psychology QLS Level 3 Endorsed Certificate of Achievement.
The learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
Training Course Content
The course includes the following 20 lessons:
- The First Year of Life
- The Formation of Attachments
- Consequences of Breakdowns in Attachments
- The Home, Family and School
- Basic Principles of Research Methods
- The Development of Visual Perception
- The Development of Language and Communication
- Intelligence and Intelligence Testing
- The Nature/Nurture Debate in the Study of Intelligence
- Data Collection and Interpretation
- How Children Think
- Learning Theory – How Behaviour is Acquired
- Freud’s Psychodynamic Theory – An Alternative Approach
- Moral Development
- The Development of Gender Roles
- Aggression in Children
- Methods Used in Child Development Research
- Learning in School
- Behaviour Modification
Average rating 5
"On the whole I found the course to be well written. The exercises throughout provided ample opportunity to re-cap on what I was learning. I liked the fact that I could choose m...
The cost of the course is £264, which includes:
- paper-based training materials
- personal tutor support (12 months)
- assessment & certification
Distance Learning Centre - Self-study, online and distance learning courses
The Distance Learning Centre is one of the leading and longest established suppliers of distance learning courses, open learning, home study, and correspondence courses in the UK. Providing distance learning courses since 1994, the Distance Learning Centre has grown to...