Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The English Literature GCSE Course covers the AQA 8702 specification and has been designed to inspire, challenge and motivate students using a wide range of classic literature.A range of texts is included that will be familiar, as well as new ones that will inspire young readers.
This GCSE English Literature course gives students the opportunity to explore their literary interests and to:
- read a wide range of classic literature fluently and with good understanding, and make connections across their reading
- read in depth, critically and evaluatively, so that they are able to discuss and explain their understanding and ideas
- develop the habit of reading widely and often
- appreciate the depth and power of the English literary heritage
- write accurately, effectively and analytically about their reading, using Standard English
- acquire and use a wide vocabulary, including the grammatical terminology and other literary and linguistic terms they need to criticise and analyse what they read.
Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study.
Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self- assessment questions. There are eleven Tutor-Marked Assignments (known as TMAs).
On completion of their study students would arrange examinations with a local exam centre as a private candidate.
Approximate Delivery Time
The Distance Learning Centre is one of the leading and longest established suppliers of distance learning courses, open learning, home study, and correspondence courses in the UK. Providing distance learning courses since 1994, the Distance Learning Centre has grown to...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!