IoSCM Level 6 Certificate/Diploma in Managing the Supply Chain
IoSCM Level 6 Certificate/Diploma in Managing the Supply Chain - distance learning qualification course
The IoSCM (Institute of Supply Chain Management) Level 6 range of qualifications deliver the strategic insights and skills needed to succeed in a senior management position in the supply chain industry.
This distance learning course builds on learners' existing abilities, developing their understanding of the key business and management issues that affect supply chain activities. Students can choose between the Certificate programme, which requires completion of at least three units, or the more extensive Diploma (requires at least 4 units). Both qualifications cover they key areas of strategic business planning, strategic management principles and business research. They then give candidates the possibility of choosing from a range of optional units exploring issues as diverse as entrepreneurship, quality management, marketing and corporate finance.
The highly flexible course format means that professionals are able to specialise in the areas that are of greatest relevance to their specific roles, delivering knowledge that will tangibly improve their performance and results.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The IoSCM Level 6 Qualifications in Managing the Supply Chain are suitable for those with significant managerial experience in the supply chain sector who would like to progress on to a senior/strategic management position.
Assessment & Qualification
There are no examinations for these qualifications.
Students are required to complete a number of assignments throughout the course, as well as submit evidence of previous experience/qualifications if applicable.
At the end of the programme, they will be awarded the IoSCM Level 6 Certificate or Diploma in Managing the Supply Chain, depending on the course they complete.
Training Course Content
To achieve the Certificate, students must complete 2 mandatory units and at least 5 credits from the optional units, while for the Diploma they must complete 3 mandatory units and at least 5 credits from the optional units.
- Strategic Management Principles (4 credits)
- Strategic Business Planning (6 credits)
- Business Research (30 credits) - Diploma only
- Global Business Environment (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship in Business (15 credits)
- Leadership & Enterprise (15 credits)
- Quality Management in an Organisation (15 credits)
- Global Procurement for the Supply Chain (15 credits)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (15 credits)
- Global Cultural Awareness (20 credits)
- Change Management (15 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (5 credits)
- Maritime Operations Management (4 credits)
- Develop and Implement Operational Plans in Supply Chain (5 credits)
- Corporate Finance (25 credits) - Diploma only