Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager
This 10-day course is an advanced qualification aiming to support experienced energy managers to further advance their careers by gaining the skills and knowledge required to function successfully at a senior level and be able to manage energy across a wide range of business areas, activities and parts of an organisation.
Following successful completion of the course, Participants will be able to make, communicate and implement effectively strategic decisions and influence an organisation’s policy through demonstrating their leadership skills.
Training dates (2019-2020 intake):
- Block 1: 30 September–2 October
- Block 2: 4–6 November
- Block 3: 2–4 December
Please note that this course runs once each year. Given the popularity of this course we recommend booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should take this course:
- Professionals with 4 or more years of energy management experience who are responsible for managing energy within their job function and who are tasked with improving energy efficiency while reducing energy costs
- Professionals who are currently working in a manager-level role and have successfully completed the Energy Institute's Level 2: Energy Management Professional training course OR the AEE's Certified Energy Manager (CEM) program or equivalent
- Those looking to fill in any gaps in their knowledge in preparation for applying for Chartered Energy Manager status
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded the Energy Institute Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) qualification.
This course will help fulfil many of the knowledge criteria required for becoming a Chartered energy manager. It will also help demonstrate your CPD on your application and speak with confidence on a range of energy management topics during your interview.
Assessment day: 3 February 2020
Training Course Content
- 9 days of energy management training, led by subject experts
- Preparatory material and slides from training sessions
- Exercise spreadsheets from training sessions designed for use within your organisation
- Tutor supervision and support for a work-based feasibility study
- Exam assessment leading to the Energy Institute Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) qualification.
- Energy fundamentals
- Leadership for Energy Managers I*New module
- Leadership for Energy Managers II *New module
- Energy procurement
- Behaviour change*New module
- Strategic control systems*New module
- Alternative supply strategies
- Heat recovery*New module
The tuition fee for EI Member - £3,160
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £3,505
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!