Executive PA - Developing Your RoleGBC Learning & Development
Executive PA - Developing Your Role
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills required for this position
- Build a successful working relationship with your manager
- Show assertive behaviour and communicate more confidently
- Manage your time more effectively
- Be ready to take on more responsibility
Suitability - Who should attend?
Individuals who are intending to become or are newly appointed and beginning to develop their role as a PA.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
GBC Learning course attended certificate
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are we going to cover today?
- What are your priorities for the day?
The role of the PA / Executive Assistant
- How and why the role is changing
- What skills will help me to provide the proactive support my manager needs
- What do I want from my role?
- Understanding the role of management and where I fit in
- Building a successful working relationship with my manager – working in partnership
- What is assertive behaviour?
- Giving feedback to our managers and other team members
- Learning to say ‘no’
Time Management Tips
- Managing myself, my manager and my workload
- Looking at symptoms of poor time-management and how they can be overcome
- Setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- To do lists, planners and other tools
Taking More Control and Responsibility
- Solving problems effectively and with confidence
- Making decisions in your manager’s absence
- Using initiative to get the task done
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Why choose GBC Learning & Development
Providing great training solutions since 1994
Working with over 400 organisations annually in the UK and Europe
Course fees are £375 + VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews
Find out more about this Executive PA - Developing Your Role course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!