Newly Appointed Manager (In-House)
Suitable for individuals who have recently been promoted or are about to be promoted to their first, or second, line management role and who have had no or little formal supervisory or management training. The emphasis is on understanding your responsibilities in managing your team and its workload.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Clearly define your role and responsibilities
- See how your style and behaviour needs to change and evolve as a manager
- Appreciate the skills needed to motivate and get the best from the team
- Recognise people as individuals who respond to different communication styles and techniques
- Participant effectively while still feeling in control
- Agree standards and objectives with team members
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to develop excellent performance
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What we will cover
- What are your objectives for the day
The role of a manager
- What is your role and what are yourresponsibilities?
Being a manager
- Managerial styles and behaviour
How to get the best from your team
- What makes a good team?
- Setting, communicating and achieving objectives
- What is motivation?
- Key principles of motivation
- Checklist for motivating team members
- Benefits of delegation
- Key principles of delegation
- Improve your delegation
- What is feedback
- Why it is a valuable management tool
- How to use constructive feedback to generateresults
The way forward
- Summary of day’s learning points
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Why choose GBC Learning & Development
Established in 1994 and still learning!
Trusted by 400 world-wide
Save! Bring a Buddy Half Price
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Course Price: £360 + VAT
GBC Learning & Development – Invest for High Performing People
Practical yet inspiring topics, comprehensive content, and passionate trainers. Tap into the expertise of our trainers who have a wealth of experience in business, coupled with an understanding of how people learn and put their learning into practice in the...