Increase productivity, improve motivation with Coaching Techniques - In-House Course
In today’s ever-changing business environment, knowing how to coach is probably the most effective way for managers and team members to develop skills and increase performance.
Many organisations now support a coaching culture; however it is only the most dedicated of managers who implement this effectively as part of their management style. This coaching course is about establishing a technique that enables us to get the best out of other people. It can provide empowerment and support in a wide variety of ways.
This course is offered as a comprehensive full day course or compact half day.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learning how to coach adds a powerful skill, which is now proving highly effective within many organisations. Every significant study of effective managers concludes that those managers who get the most out of their staff spend a high proportion of their time and energy coaching others. We recommend this course for leaders and managers at all levels, who want to achieve high levels of capability in coaching and mentoring to improve performance.
Those who are new to coaching and wish to adopt a new approach to how they lead and manage their teams.
Training Course Content
This in-house training programme offers delegates and deep level of understanding in coaching and mentoring. Within the contexts of each organisation, this course will include the following material:
- Understanding coaching - what it is? The role of a great coach. The qualities and behaviours required to be successful.
- Creating a coaching environment - building coaching relationships; developing the right climate; building trust and maintaining confidentiality; communicating effectively and building rapport.
- GROW into coaching - 'GROW' a simple model to help define the objectives of the person being coached, set truly clear objectives; measure success.
- Practicalities of coaching - when to coach and when to direct; great questioning techniques.
- Feedback - deliver feedback positively with improvement in mind; monitor poor performance; managing conflict and challenges.
- Mentoring - the purpose and benefits of mentoring; developing a style.
Benefits of the course
- Understand when a coaching approach will be appropriate and effective.
- Create the right environment for effective coaching - based on trust and credibility.
- Work collaboratively through building rapport and communicating effectively.
- Understand your organisational constraints and how to manage these to develop a culture of coaching.
- Understand the relationship between your natural leadership style and effective coaching.
- Set measureable objectives and link to the GROW model to offer a rounded approach to coaching.
- Recognise the importance of role modelling, and great communication skills.
- Deliver Feedback to improve performance even when the going gets tough.
Illumine offers cost-effective and convenient in-house training courses that are available both nationwide and internationally.
Enquire for more information.
Once you’ve attended this training course we will provide you with access to our EXCLUSIVE and FREE members’ website to remind you of the key points you’ve learnt.
Illumine is a high impact training provider (UK based, delivering worldwide), providing training to enhance practical thinking skills to improve the performance of individuals and organisations.
The range of courses and workshops help to:
Be better organised Communicate more effectively Generate fresh perspectives and new ideas Manage and lead with authority Perform at a consistently outstanding level Handle change positively and build productive business relationshipsTraining is delivered through: Public Workshops – 1 and 2...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 17 reviews
Find out more about this High Performance Coaching course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!