Improve Creative Thinking with Edward de Bono's Lateral Thinking™ In-House Workshop
Are you faced with fast changing trends and fierce competition? Do you need to work miracles despite tight budgets? Sound familiar? Then you need to think more laterally – i.e. you need Lateral Thinking.
Edward de Bono’s Lateral Thinking™ programme delivers the classic ‘out of the box’ thinking which most organisations expect from their management these days.
NOTE – the term ‘Lateral Thinking’ is often used instead of ‘creative thinking’. If you are looking for a course that covers all aspects of how to build more creativity and innovation into your team or organisation, this creativity course may be more appropriate.
Lateral Thinking seeks a solution to a stubborn problem through unorthodox methods that would normally be ignored by logical thinking. This programme is more process-orientated than the other creativity programmes we offer. Edward de Bono divides thinking into two methods:
- Vertical thinking – using logical thought processes
- Lateral thinking – disrupting logical thought and arriving at the solution from another angle
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Lateral Thinking™ in-house training workshop is suitable for groups, teams and companies whose members:
- seek to review their organisation’s strategy and competitiveness.
- are responsible for radically improving operational processes and procedures.
- prefer a more process-oriented approach to problem solving.
Training Course Content
This Lateral Thinking™ workshop is delivered by one of Illumine’s certified de Bono trainers, the Lateral Thinking workshop will show you how to think ‘out of the box’ to arrive at innovative solutions that are relevant and timely for your organisation. It also includes the following concepts:
- Alternatives – develop alternative ideas from the ideas you already have.
- Focus – define your focus and stick to it. The attitude of focusing on matters that are not problem areas.
- Challenge – breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of thinking. Explore the way we do things and seek alternatives.
- Random entry – use completely random ideas to open up new lines of thinking.
- Provocation & Movement – explore how perceptions limit creativity and how to challenge those limitations.
Benefits of the course
This Lateral Thinking™ training programme will help delegates to:
- Develop better idea generation and problem solving skills.
- A valuable aid to strategic planning and process review.
- Out-manoeuvre the competition and gain competitive advantage by being more innovative.
- Use your ideas to get immediate results when attacking problems.
- Constructively challenge current thinking.
- Convert problems into opportunities.
Illumine offers cost-effective and convenient in-house training courses that are available both nationwide and internationally.
Enquire for more information.
Following course completion, delegates will have access to exclusive tips, techniques and support from Illumine's website.
Illumine is a high impact training provider (UK based, delivering worldwide), providing training to enhance practical thinking skills to improve the performance of individuals and organisations.
The range of courses and workshops help to:
Be better organised Communicate more effectively Generate fresh perspectives and new ideas Manage and lead with authority Perform at a consistently outstanding level Handle change positively and build productive business relationshipsTraining is delivered through: Public Workshops – 1 and 2...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Lateral Thinking™ course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!