Strong leadership is increasingly fundamental to the successful realisation of an organisation’s vision. This intensive course provides a valuable opportunity for directors to explore strategic leadership issues both within and beyond their organisation.
This module introduces a more personalised approach to leadership and delegates will be encouraged to understand and develop their own self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
The IoD Award in Leadership for Directors, Level 9 (SCQF) is a module of the Certificate in Company Direction qualification. This course may be booked online as a standalone module or taken as part of the full qualification.
Gain an understanding of the key competencies required to be an effective leader at board level with the opportunity to practise and develop some of these competencies.
During the course you will assess different leadership and decision-making techniques, determine how to build and sustain high-performing teams, and evaluate how these can be applied to your own organisation to contribute to its increased success.
- Develop an understanding of how leadership can be defined and understood in relation to the director’s role on the board.
- Apply techniques for developing a greater awareness of one-self and of the motivations and behaviours of others
- Create a culture which constructively engages others in the organisation to achieve the strategic objectives, and to respond effectively to crisis and change
- Identify how leaders create influence and impact within and beyond the organisation, and assess relevant stakeholder engagement strategies.
The cost of this course is:
- £2,325 + VAT for members
- £2,825 + VAT for non-members
Executive Coaching & Board Development Serivce
The IoD offers a bespoke executive coaching service designed to help directors and senior managers address their individual issues and personal development needs. They also offer in-house solutions that are tailored for your board and its objectives via their Board Development Services.
The Institute of Directors (IoD) offers an extensive suite of learning and development programmes, specially designed for directors and senior leaders. For over a century, the IoD has been at the forefront of director development, championing, training and representing the...
Find out more about this Leadership for Directors course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!