Project Risk Management
This one-day Project Risk Management course discusses how you can effectively identify, categorise and manage risk in projects. You will be provided with an introduction to project risk management, practical skills and techniques that help ensure that all corporate objectives are considered throughout the project duration and project risk management process.
The course will explore the overall risk management process, the importance of human factors in understanding and mitigating risk, assessing risks using probability and impact grids and best practice in responding to a risk event.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for project professionals wishing to identify, classify and manage risk throughout the duration of a specific project. The knowledge gained from this course is applicable across many sectors and types of projects.
Training Course Content
This training course will cover the following modules:
- Why project risk management matters
- Basic steps in the process, using a simple case study to aid your learning
- Definitions of project risk, risk events and general variability
- Human aspects of risk management, including attitude and heuristics
- Initiating risk management – the plan, project-specific impact scales, risk tolerances
- Risk identification techniques
- Communicating risks using structured risk descriptions
- The risk register – tracking risks
- Risk owners and action owners
- Risk assessment – prioritising risks using probability and impact
- Risk proximity
- Inherent versus current risk exposure
- Generic responses to threats and opportunities
- Secondary risks
- Assessing residual exposure after responding to a risk
- Updating risk plans
- Improving risk management and keeping the process alive and relevant for the project’s entire life cycle.
Course fees are:
- IRM members: £495 + VAT
- Non-members: £595 + VAT
The IRM also delivers this course in-house for groups, teams and companies.
IRM - Risk Management Training & Qualifications - Open or Distance Learning
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is the leading body for professional Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). We provide globally recognised qualifications and training, publish research and guidance and set professional standards. We are a not-for-profit organisation, with IRM members working in all...
Find out more about this Project Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
879 GBP-979 GBP