International Oil & Gas ContractsInternational Business House
International Oil & Gas Contracts - 1-week course in drafting and negotiating international oil & gas agreements
This International Oil & Gas Contracts course focuses on the key issues related to negotiating and drafting watertight, legally valid contracts in the international oil and gas industry.
The interactive programme explores the unique contract matrix of the oil and gas market, covering the spectrum of elements that need to be taken into account when formulating different types of contracts. To this end, the comprehensive programme provides a detailed explanation of the key terms and conditions used, the ways in which these can be altered and their role in mitigating risks and securing target margin. In addition, it guides participants through a number of equally important processes including negotiation, dispute resolution and government relations.
By the end of the course, delegates will have a sound understanding of:
- All current types of international oil and gas contracts.
- The core provisions of energy resource supply contracts.
- The risks associated with contract conclusion.
- Legal framework divergence.
- The international approach to tenders.
- How to work effectively with state authorities.
- Use different conflict prevention and dispute resolution solutions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at:
- Representatives of oil and gas companies, legal firms and contracting organisations.
- Lawyers, economists, financiers, contract managers, procurement specialists, energy resources suppliers and buyers as well as operating issues managers.
- Top managers, representatives of legal, commercial, financial and supply departments.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful course completion, delegates will receive an industry certificate from International Business House, which is fully accredited by the British Energy Institute.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Legislative Regime
- Structure of Petroleum Legislation
- Principal Provisions of Petroleum Legislation
- Framework: Petroleum Authorisation Regime
- Petroleum Field Life Cycle
- Framework: The Contract Matrix
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Area of Mutual Interest Agreements
- Joint Bidding Agreements
- Petroleum Authorizations
- Joint Operating Agreements
- Unitisation Agreements
- Drilling contracts
- Risk Allocation (service contracts)
- Farm-Out Agreements
- Sale of Interest Agreements
- Gas Sale Agreements (greenfield project)
- Crude Oil Sale Agreements
The cost of this training programme is £3,450 + VAT per delegate, which covers:
- Participation in the course
- Course materials
- Lunches and coffee breaks during the programme
- International certificate from International Business House
- Visa support
This course can also be delivered in-house for your company to meet the training needs of your team. IBH can arrange a course convenient for your team’s schedule.
International Business House - Specialists in Legal and Financial Training for the Oil & Gas sector
International Business House deliver the complete professional training curriculum addressed to Oil & Gas professionals, specialised in financial and legal activities in this industry sector. Every IBH staff member has years of professional experience with organising professional development courses and...
Find out more about this International Oil & Gas Contracts course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!