Hairdressing Distance Learning Course
This distance learning Hairdressing course provides participants with the refined skills and knowledge based required to work as a professional hairdresser/stylist or as a salon manager. Delivered entirely online, participants will benefit from the following:
- A curriculum developed together with industry professionals
- Self-paced study - study whenever, wherever
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or in up to 3 years
- Gain access to a tutor working in hairdressing
- Spare the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in three levels of completion. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Hairdressing course is designed for individuals looking to begin a career as a hair stylist or hair salon manager.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available as either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of hairdressing stylist studies
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHairDS
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
This Hairdressing course will include the following modules:
- Preparing clients for salon services
- Coordinating salon services
- Removing chemicals from the hair
- Appointments and client schedules
- Selling products and services
- Diagnoses or client hair and scalp conditions
- Treating hair and scalp
- Cutting hair
- Dressing and styling hair
- Permanent wave and chemical services
- Hair Colouring
- Salon team coordination
- Maintaining a clean and efficient workplace
- Communication in the workplace
- Clients' reception and consultation
Why choose International Career Institute
98% happy with tutorial support
91% would recommend to a friend
Free careers service
The cost of this Hair Styling course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
- Pay up-front and receive a 10% discount
- Pay in instalments as low as £25 per week
- All required study materials and course notes
- Assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
e-learning / Online / Distance