Nutrition & Diet Distance Learning Course
This Nutrition & Diet Course delivers the knowledge and skills you need to make a successful career in nutrition, advising others on food, wellness and how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
The distance learning programme has been developed by nutrition & diet experts to enable you to become a credible nutritionist, delivering in-depth knowledge on a range of key topics including:
- food and energy levels
- weight loss
- medical conditions & treatments
- counselling skills
Available at Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma level, the programme is completely flexible and allows students to study at their own pace without any assignment deadlines. This ensures they are able to fit their learning around their other commitments, completing the amount of course content and assessments necessary to find their dream job in the growing and highly rewarding field of nutrition.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Nutrition & Diet Course is designed for those looking to start a career in nutrition, whether in a hospital, gym, health club, healthcare centre or other type of facility.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
- On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of natural health (nutrition) studies
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipNtDt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- Weight loss
- Diets and planning diets
- Food and energy levels
- Preventative measures
- Medical conditions
- Digestion and absorption
- Assessing nutritional needs
- Protein, vitamins, minerals, water, nutrients, carbohydrates and fats
- Food processing
- Creating plans
- Counselling skills
- Providing consultations to clients
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!