Knitting For Beginners
Knowing how to knit is a healthy, sustainable and fun pastime. Plus you create a beautiful end product from a colorful beanie to a snuggly sweater!
Wrap yourself in beautiful, warm clothes and blankets that you've knitted yourself. Fall in love with a mindful hobby that's fun and easy to get into.
All you need are a pair of needles, some yarn in your favorite colors and an easy to follow online course to start knitting. The last one is right in front of you.
Be amazed at how quickly you learn to knit and progress from creating a wonderful scarf through to knitting a stunning cable-knit cardigan by the end of the course.
You'll see why so many celebrities like Julia Roberts, Ryan Gosling and Demi Lovato whip out their knitting needles when they've a spare moment. There are so many positives to be gained from knowing how to knit, such as:
- Being meditative and mindful. The repetitive and rhythmic movements when you knit are calming, relaxing and soothe away stress
- Getting in touch with your creative spirit. Make something meaningful for yourself or as thoughtful gifts for family and friends that you've created with your own two hands
- Being more sustainable and eco-minded. Knitting your own clothes is the complete opposite of the throwaway world of fast fashion. You can even reuse yarn from old sweaters or blankets you've made and knit something new
- You can knit anywhere. Pop your needles in your bag and start knitting while waiting for appointments, traveling or anywhere you fancy
- It's economical and easy to start - just pick up your needles, cast on, follow the knitting pattern, and cast off
- Start knitting straight away and see your creations take shape. Learn to knit using the many super easy-to-follow patterns in this course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Everyone. Imagine the joy of creating something incredible with your own two hands
- Anyone seeking a healthy pastime which is productive - knit your own clothes - and creative - make knitted art to hang on the walls
- People who want a more self-sufficient life can knit clothes, blankets, cushions and more using their own choice of yarn, including vegan-friendly yarns
- Anyone who wants a sustainable alternative to fast fashion
- Everyone who wants to find a way to slow down in this fast-moving world. There's something restful and soothing about the rhythm of knitting and the click-clack of the needles
- Anyone who loves making handmade gifts can create beautiful items in super materials from luxurious cashmere to plant-based yarns
- Anyone who wants to keep their mind active and/or avoid dementia should knit. You need to be able to follow the knitting pattern, and count stitches and rows which is super exercise for the brain
- Anyone who has or works with people with mental issues, depression or stress will find knitting soothing
- Older people will find that knitting keeps their brain active and is fab for their hand-eye coordination
- People looking for a social activity can join a knitting circle
- Multi-taskers. Once you've learnt how to knit, you can knit while chatting, listening to podcasts, or watching a movie
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you're already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
Training Course Content
- Everything a beginner needs to know how to knit
- Get to grips with the tools you need, different types of knitting needles and the way you'll use them
- How to knit different types of stitches and see the patterns they make
- Reading knitting patterns. This course contains dozens of patterns for knitting scarves, cushions, throws, sweaters, cardigans, and hats
- Getting creative and adding your personal touch with tassels, motifs and designs
- How to make pompoms for your knitted hats
- Knitting beautiful handcrafted items starting with a simple scarf and working up to gorgeous cardigans
- Fabulous tips to be a master knitter plus knowing how to correct any mistakes - know how to put things right when you drop a stitch
Course delivery details
The course is valid for 90 days. You can purchase lifetime access for an additional £10.
International Open Academy
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!