Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Online Training is a 2-day immersive experiential workshop to help aspiring Product Owners get started with the role, No-PPT, 2 days of online training by top CST, 14 PDUs and SEUs, a Certificate & 2 years of Scrum Alliance membership.
Suitability - Who should attend?
What is the eligibility to take CSPO Certification?
There is no requirement for years of experience to attend the Product Owner Certification workshop. However, generally, the industry expects Product Owners to have at least 4 years of experience in the industry to hire as Product owners.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive
- Certified Product Owner Certificate
- Knowledge and confidence to get started as a Product Manager.
- Scrum Alliance membership for 2 years.
- 16 SEU's for Certified Scrum Professional.
- 14 PDUs towards any PMI credential.
- Life-long access to digital material of everything discussed during the workshop
- Access to LeanPitch Mobile App
Who provides the CSPO certificate?
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a certificate program offered by Scrum Alliance for aspiring Product Owners. Scrum Alliance is a non-profit organization based out of Colorado, the USA which provides education, educational resources and as well as support to Agile and Scrum Practitioners.
Training Course Content
We want you to make most of the time you spend with our trainers and other participants. Learning maximizes with the perspective of others. So we expect you to go through following material on leanpitch.com, which will be accessible once you register.
- Agility Essentials Course
- Spirit of Scrum Course
- Set of Product Management introduction videos.
Learning During Workshop
This is a Product Management workshop. The focus would be more on how a Product Owner discovers what to build and collaborate with development teams to build it. The whole course is split into 4 Sprints with each Sprint trying to Answer the following four questions:
- Why are we building Products?
- What are we building?
- How much do we build?
- How do we build?
We will pick up a sample Product and apply Discovery techniques to learn Product Discovery and run the workshop using Scrum to learn Scrum.
Sprint 1: What is Product Management?
- What is a Product?
- Product Contexts
- Product Development Cycle
- Scrum and Lean Startup to deal with Complexity
Product Management Overview
- Overview of Product Management
- Skills required by Product Managers
- Managing stakeholders
- Challenges in making decisions and decision matrix A day of Product Manager
- Product Management Career Path
- Difference between a Product Owner and a Product Manager
Sprint 2: Envisioning a Product and Creating a Backlog
Product strategy & Vision
- Product Strategy overview
- Crafting Product Vision
- Communicating Product Vision
- Generating ideas using impact mapping
- Prioritizing ideas
- Designing experiments to validate ideas
Sprint 3: Capturing User Voice and validating Hypothesis
- Various User research techniques
- How to choose a specific user research technique
- Designing experiments to validate problems
- Capturing user voice using experience map
- Generating user stories from data collected during user research
- Design Thinking basics Design Sprints
- Validating solution approach
Sprint 4: Creating Product Roadmap and Managing Product Development
Product Planning and Roadmaps
- Brainstorming ideas using Six Thinking hats Splitting user stories
- Business Value Estimation
- Identifying MVP
Managing Product Development
- Deciding development cadence
- Running Sprints
- Managing Risks
- Tracking Progress
- Managing changes
Our relationship doesn't end with the workshop. We have created more learning opportunities to learn:
- Weekly Webinars called #ProductThinking Thursdays where practicing Product Managers share their experience.
- Monthly in-person meetups.
- Quarterly release of Product Manager speaks, where we interview practicing Product Managers.
- Join Product Thinking Labs to practice Product Management.
Course delivery details
What is the test structure of the CSPO test?
- Trainer Assessment: During the workshop, you would be expected to pick up a Product idea to work on, apply the learning on the idea and demonstrate it. The trainer will do the assessment based on the work done during the workshop. If the work done during the workshop is not satisfactory, then you may be requested to take an additional assessment.
- License Agreement: After Trainer enables your certificate, you need to accept the Scrum Alliance license agreement and download the certificate.
Many people ask why is there no test from Scrum Alliance for the CSPO certificate. Product Management is a creative space and it's not easy to standardize a test for assessing creativity. That's why Scrum Alliance lets the trainers assess the knowledge through interaction over two days and decide other ways to validate the learning.
Why choose Leanpitch Technologies
4.8 Google Rating
80k+ Professionals Trained
Leanpitch is known for mentoring & training employees through our internationally renowned workshops. We have been in this business for 12+ years and have trained 90,000+ people, in 100+ companies, across 12+ countries. Our experts have helped 200+ companies in...