Blood-Borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Online Training Course
Blood-borne pathogens are microorganisms inside the human body which can cause a number of serious diseases through contamination. ployees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids. A comprehensive Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan will help to protect these ployees.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- You will learn about Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control and how to implement a successful plan in the workplace.
- Your staff will be better trained to work in an environment where there is a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens as a result of you taking this course.
- You will gain an insight into the dangers of blood-borne pathogens and why your workplace should have an Exposure Control Plan in place.
- You will learn the preventative measures to put in place to keep staff safe and reduce the risk of contamination.
- You will learn what to do in the event of a member of your team being exposed to potentially hazardous blood-borne pathogens.
You Will Learn:
- What a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan is and what it involves.
- How an effective Exposure Control Plan can save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of employees.
- How to introduce a Control Plan to employees in training.
- What steps to take to reduce the risk of exposure to employees.
- What to do in the immediate aftermath of an exposure incident.
Training Course Content
- Module 01: What are blood-borne pathogens?
- Module 02: What is an Exposure Control plan and Why do you Need one?
- Module 03: Preventative Measures
- Module 04: Vaccines
- Module 05: Post-exposure Procedures
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...