CIW Network Technology Associate Online Training (1D0-61C)
With no previous knowledge of configuring networks or writing code for web pages, learners on this course will master the basics of networking, Internet protocols and network security that are crucial to every modern business.
Those who choose to reap the benefits of studying this course will already be familiar with an operating syst such as Microsoft Windows 7, and will also have a passion for the power of network technology. Therefore, study is aimed at high school or college students looking to distinguish thselves from their peers. It is also ideal for professionals with ambitions to further their career or increase their capabilities in their current positions within sectors including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
- A wide range of other business which use the internet
The course enables learners to enter for the CIW Network Technology Associate Exam, which leads to certification “ providing clear evidence of achievent in this specialist area. This opens doors for those looking for their first career position, while enabling professionals to widen their skills base and make advancents within their business sector.
Key learning points
The modules on the course delve deep into network technology, from networking components and standards to connecting to the Internet and taking advantage of its multitude of services, through to hardware and devices and how to deal with network and cloud security risks. Content includes:
- Essential networking technologies and skills, including TCP/IP, stable network creation, wireless networking and network troubleshooting
- Various network components and protocols that enable users to share data quickly and easily
- Various types of transmission media, and the ways that network architecture and topologies provide for efficient and secure communication
- OSI reference model and its relationship to packet creation, plus the OSI model vs. the Internet architecture model
- Functions and features of internetworking server types, and the benefits of implenting a Content Managent Syst (CMS)
- Basic hardware and operating syst maintenance procedures
- Mobile computing devices and the importance of RFC documents
- Routing, IP addressing, IP address classes and subnet masks
- Essential network security concepts, Internet-based challenges facing today's users, and methods you can use to secure networks and network transmissions, including authentication, encryption and firewalls.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this course
- The CIW Network Technology Associate takes learners a major step towards achieving certification in this discipline “ enabling th to enter for the Network Technology Associate exam.
- Completion of the course provides clear evidence of having mastered the basics of networking, preparing you for higher study if you wish.
- For students at high school or college, this will boost their application for higher study and give th an extra ployable skill when entering the job market.
- For professionals, this course will increase their skills base and their worth to their company, in a wealth of business and technology-related careers.
- No prior experience of using the Internet or network technologies is needed to undertake this course; all that is required to access the skills and knowledge is a familiarity with an operating syst such as Microsoft Windows 7.
- As more and more computing is done using a hand-held device, this course includes the study of mobile computing devices and mobile operating systs.
- Internet security continues to grow in importance and this course gives learners a thorough grounding in the challenges facing today's users and the methods taken to secure networks and network transmissions.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to Networking
- Networking Components and Standards
- Connecting to the Internet
- Internet Services
- Hardware and Device Connectivity
- Network and Cloud Security Risks
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...