Control & Administration of Medicines (Level 3) CPD Accredited Online Course
This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirents for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable th to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirents.
This medication online course meets the requirents for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the "Knowledge Set for Medication" as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirents.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
- Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
- Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
- For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
- Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
- Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
- Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
- Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a contraindication or an interaction between medicines
- Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
- Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
- Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
- Recognise the requirents to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
Course delivery details
We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...