Eye Safety in the Workplace Online Training Course
British laws require employers and companies to uphold safety regulations and safeguard their workers from injuries and accidents in the workplace. Eye accidents are very common in the workplace, but most can be prevented with the help of implementation of control measures, use of protective equipment and care. Most workers tend to be unaware of the risks associated with exposure to eye safety hazards and the adverse consequences that can arise. Eye injuries often result in permanent or temporary blindness with the loss of one or more eye functions.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What's Covered in the Course?
- The importance of maintenance of protective equipment and control measures in order to minimise or eliminate risks and hazards.
- How to protect workers from chemical splashes and what do in case of emergencies. You will also learn about how acidic and alkaline substances damage the eye in different ways.
- Exposure to radiation hazards from thermal, infrared, UV and bright light sources and how to protect workers from the risks.
- How staring at the computer for prolonged periods can lead to strain, headaches and blurred vision. You will also learn different techniques that help reduce eye strain.
- The types of protective eye equipment and their functions
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You are in a better position to identify the different hazards that exist in your workplace.
- Employers can invest in the right safety equipment to safeguard their employees from injury.
- Businesses can upgrade prevention techniques, storage and maintenance of protective equipment for improved accident control.
- You can educate and update your employees on the risks and hazards associated with eye injuries.
Training Course Content
- Module 01: How and Why it is Important to Promote Eye Safety in the Workplace
- Module 02: Chemical Splashes and Eye Injuries
- Module 03: Eye Exposure to Thermal, Infrared, UV, Cryogenic and Laser Radiation
- Module 04: Eye Protection from Flying Particles and Eye Strain Problems
- Module 05: Control Measures and Types of Personal Protective (Eye) Equipment
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...