Procurement and Managing Suppliers - Level 1 - A 1-Week Training Course
The one-week training in Procurement strategies and Supply Chain Management covers the most recent and effective approaches to setting up and managing a procurement activity, whilst selecting suppliers by using appropriate evaluation methods and criteria.
Upon course completion, delegates will be prepared to measure supplier performance and to identify new ways to increase procurement effectiveness.
Participants will have the skills to better coordinate the user departments and improve the procurement within their organisations by means of contractual methods.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Purchasing executives and professional staff from supply chain management, logistics and inventory planning and control
- General managers wanting to understand the procurement function
- Project managers involved in plant and equipment development projects
- Engineering planners working with complex maintenance material requirements
- Quality managers seeking to understand how suppliers are selected
Training Course Content
This Procurement and Managing Suppliers - Level 1 course will cover:
The Principles of Procurement
- Definition of procurement vs purchasing activities
- Defining the goals of procurement
- The role of procurement
- Supporting the business strategic objectives
- Formulating the procurement strategy
The Procurement Process
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Forming commodity teams
- Planning the procurement activities
- Development of the procurement policy
- Developing the supplier selection process
Compiling the Approved Supplier List
- Determination of the most appropriate suppliers
- Methods and techniques of inviting potential suppliers
- Developing the supplier questionnaire
- Supplier segmentation and grading Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers
- Developing supplier performance metrics
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Introduction to the principles of SRM
- The importance of the buyer/supplier relationship
- Developing the SRM strategy
- Collaboration and joint working
- Motivating suppliers and continuous improvement
Monitoring and Managing Supplier Contracts
- Managing the contract and setting expectations
- The importance of setting proper baselines
- Conducting supplier appraisals based on performance measures and metrics
- Dealing with underperforming suppliers
- Dealing with breaches and disputes
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Procurement and Managing Suppliers - Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!