Compressed Natural Gas is an online training course that will examine the current and evolving market for compressed natural gas (CNG) fueled vehicles. While CNG fueled vehicles have experienced significant market penetration globally, their adoption in the US has been relatively modest due to the abundance of gasoline/diesel fuels, the limited availability of CNG fueled vehicles and the filling station infrastructure required to support these vehicles. The status of CNG fueled vehicles in the US has begun to change as corporations, local and federal governments and private individuals seek out lower cost and cleaner options than traditional gasoline and diesel powered vehicles.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the scale and scope of the CNG fuel market
- Identify the processes of locating and producing commercially viable quantities of natural gas
- List the benefits of fueling vehicles with CNG as opposed to liquid fossil fuels
- Identify CNG pricing and how it compares to crude oil based fuels
- Differentiate between Fast-fill and Time-fill CNG dispensing methods
- Distinguish between the different CNG filling station strategies, both those privately owned/operated and those open to the public
- Point out how large fleets operated by shipping and logistics companies are converting their energy intensive operations to CNG-fueled vehicles
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about natural gas.