This course provides a comprehensive overview of the LNG value chain from upstream supply, liquefaction, shipping and regasification of LNG into downstream markets. The course is designed for new entrants to the LNG business or for those with some knowledge of the business wishing to broaden their understanding of the complete value chain. Those without prior knowledge of the LNG business may wish to familiarise themselves through the pre-study web based course.
After learning the fundamentals about LNG, the course covers the liquefaction process and LNG plants, shipping and regasification terminals with a focus on what happens along the value chain. This is followed by an understanding of the commercial issues affecting LNG projects, the players and the various drivers affecting the development of LNG projects. Key aspects such as project development, timescales and the range of Agreements and their integration will be covered. The course then moves on to the global LNG supply sources, markets and trading and the factors affecting the growth of the LNG business.
Includes Online Pre-study Module
This course is accompanied by a preparatory course available online. Delegates will receive a web voucher as part of their joining instructions upon confirmation of registration. By taking advantage of this "blended" learning approach, in-class time and learning are optimized.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
• New entrants to the LNG industry
• Managers in specific areas of the LNG chain requiring a broader knowledge of the commercial issues affecting the business
• Professional personnel interacting with LNG supplies, markets and trading e.g. finance, legal marketing and those who need to understand the various sectors of the value chain and how they interact
The LNG Value Chain
What is LNG?
- • Terminology
- • LNG Properties
- • Units and conversion factors
- • Why LNG
- • Structure of the LNG industry
- • Basic principles of refrigeration
- • LNG liquefaction processes
- • Importance of gas quality
- • Comparison of process technologies
- • Project costs
- • New developments
- • Where are they?
- • LNG milestones
- • Growth and size of the industry
- • Overview of global supply sources
- • Cost comparison versus pipeline
- • Special nature of LNG tankers
- • Ship technologies
- • Shipping costs
- • Shipping capacity and delivery capabilities
- • Shipping market
- • Implications for LNG trading
- • Processes involved
- • Terminal operations
- • Offshore regasification
- • Constraints to developing terminals
- • Regional overview of terminals
Commercial considerations in developing LNG projects How does LNG compete?
- • What are the alternatives to LNG?
- • Relative advantages and disadvantages of LNG
- • Market value versus other fuels
Who are the players?
- • Players in the value chain
- o Governments
- o Oil majors
- o National Oil Companies
- o Independents
- o Shipping providers
- o Buyers
- o Terminal operators
- o Finance providers
- o Traders
- o Local stakeholders
- o Environmental Organisations
- o Regulators
- • Drivers, Influence and concerns for each player
Commercial Structure of an LNG Project
- • Developing an LNG project
- • Alternative Commercial Structures
- • LNG Contract chain Contractual arrangements and timing
- • Complexity of integrating requirements
- • Overview of the Agreements
Main Agreements in an LNG project
- • Contractual terminology
- • Monetising the Upstream
- o Upstream Agreements
- o Joint Venture Agreements
- • Monetising the midstream
- o LNG Supply purchase Agreements
- o Shipping contracts
- • Import terminal arrangements
- • LNG financing arrangements
LNG Project profitability
- • Project life cycle
- • Need for long term cash flow
- • Project economics
- • Risk analysis
- • Value splits in an LNG Project
LNG Supplies, Markets and Trading LNG Supplies – where will it come from?
- • Global overview
- • Regional supplies from existing markets
- • Potential new projects
- • Country profiles
- • Key success factors
- • Constraints on new project developments
LNG Markets – where will it go?
- • Overview of Natural gas consumption
- • Growing importance of LNG
- • Overview of regional markets
- • Country profiles for the main importers
- • Historical trade flows
- • Current trading routes
- • Major players
- • Requirements for portfolio trading
- • Constraints on LNG trading
- • Types of trade (long term versus short term)
- • Impact of regulations
- • Diversions/swaps and arbitrage
- • LNG pricing basis/principles
- • Market based pricing (impact of pricing formulae)
- • Natural gas pricing
- • Price Reviews
- • Impact of trading on LNG/natural gas pricing
LNG - The Future
- • Growth potential
- • Globalisation
- • New technologies
- • New frontiers
- • New players Trading and commoditisation
- • Constraints on new project developments
Exercises and Case Studies will include:
- • LNG contracts
- • Roles of players
- • Shipping requirements
- • LNG Quality
- • Netback Analysis
Mennta Energy Solutions, formerly The Oxford Princeton Programme, addresses the knowledge gaps of energy professionals throughout the world with innovative and proven training techniques – instructor-led and online. The effectiveness of the training can be measured by the over 100,000...
Find out more about this Overview of the LNG Value Chain course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!