Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
This qualification has been designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide first aid to children and/or babies. Delegates will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, including assessing an emergency situation, dealing with an unresponsive infant/child, CPR, choking, meningitis, head and spinal injuries, anaphylaxis and asthma.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification fulfils Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early years teaching staff, nursery workers and childminders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within the Child Care Register Guide).
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The delegate will understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider and be able to:
- Assess an emergency situation safely.
- Provide first aid for an infant/child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Provide first aid for an infant/child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Provide first aid for an infant/child who has a foreign body airway obstruction.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child with external bleeding.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child who is suffering from shock.
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis.
Training Course Content
- Role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Safe assessment of an emergency situation
- Administering first aid for infant or child who:
- Is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Has external bleeding
- Is suffering from shock (anaphylaxis)
Delegates must be at least 14 years of age on the first day of training.
Pilgrims Training Academy, located 10 minutes north of Gatwick Airport, covers 45,000 sq ft, providing 12 large modern classrooms with large screens and surround sound systems together with conference facilities, ample parking and a large recreational/canteen area. We offer something...
Find out more about this Paediatric First Aid (QCF) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.