This is a one-day course in basic chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting techniques for anyone using a chainsaw on their own land.
- Health and Safety – Protective clothing
- Chainsaw maintenance – including refuelling, air filter cleaning and sharpening the chain.
- Setting the saw for work
- Cross cutting cord wood
- Re-sharpening the chain
- Storing the saw in clean and safe condition
The following protective clothing will be required:
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all round leg protection for arborists working in the tree and occasional users such as those working in agriculture (This is recommended for both Maintenance and Felling courses)
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection To BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Qualification awarded by the course provider
Plumpton College - Apprenticeship Training
Plumpton College is a specialist land-based College offering outstanding indoor and outdoor facilities at our main 800-hectare site plus our other superb Out Centres. You'll be able to develop your skills and knowledge at our inspirational sites. Offering a variety...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!