Minute Taking Course - A One-day Writing Course Offered in Company-specific Format by Souters
This highly practical Minute Taking training course was designed to provide the participants with the skills to understand and research the subjects of a meeting, while identifying the key points and recording them accurately.
By attending this course, participants will be able to prepare and deliver notes which are to the point and clearly understandable, as well as create the necessary templates for formal minute preparation.
This one-day Minute Taking in-house training course is highly interactive and combines tutor led instructions with numerous practical examples.
Aspirants are advised to contact Souters for bespoke training. The in-house training can be offered at Souters' London office or the client site for groups of participants and customised as per the specific situation.
This course is CPD accredited.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Minute Taking training course is suitable for any professionals interested in improving their writing skills for business purposes. The course is often bought by corporate clients with a specific need to develop staff skills in this area.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon course completion, delegates will have gained the following:
- A clear understanding of the minute-taker’s role
- A checklist of what should be included in minutes; accurate, brief and clear minutes
- Understanding the important dynamic between the minute-taker and the chair
- Listening techniques to enhance concentration.
Training Course Content
This Minute Taking Course is designed to cover the following units:
- Types of minutes and writing styles available.
- Chairperson's duties and responsibilities of the minute taker.
- Overcoming the passive voice; correct tone and professional language; questions and answers with Souters' experienced trainer.
- Creating an agenda - where to start and what other people will expect.
- Practical application of the agenda.
- What is a good set of minutes; Re-writing poor minutes; Bad minutes - feedback session.
- Note taking - practical exercises; Sorting information effectively and knowing what is important.
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair.
Bespoke training costs vary depending on your requirements. Please enquire with Souters for more information.
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses and Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located...
Find out more about this Minute Taking course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!