Expand your Skills into Project Management with this Intensive 2-day Workshop
This two-day highly practical Project Management training course is designed to provide additional insights, techniques and tools for running projects. Delegates will understand the project cycle and be able to plan using tools and processes by the end of the course.
The course is delivered as a workshop where attendees will learn how to use Risk Analysis, Gap Analysis and how to identify the needs of multiple Stakeholders and the various people involved in delivering the Project. Participants will also gain methods and tools that will assist them in completing the Project on-time, on-specification and on-budget.
By completing this Project Management training course, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the key transferable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager.
- Obtain an overview of the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects.
- Learn the Project Terminologies.
- Understand the importance of Planning Control and the use of appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- Understand the methods of Planning.
- Know how to redesign your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles.
- Have a good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- Obtain an overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- Perform practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- Understand the mix of technical skills, Project Specific Knowledge and People Skills.
This course is CPD accredited.
This course is also delivered virtually.
Please contact the provider for more information.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Practical Project Management for PAs, is aimed at Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers and Project Assistants who already, or in the future, will be involved in planning and organising projects.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how best to maximise the numerous transferable skills from their careers as PAs, EAs or Office Managers. This will increase the confidence base of the course participants, in order to successfully work efficiently in Projects.
A mix of soft skills and technical project skills will be gained in order to enable delegates to work effectively in a Project environment. The course is highly practical and focuses on how to work in a real world situation, which is a stark contrast to other Project courses that focus on terminologies and models primarily.
Training Course Content
- An overview of key Project Management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a Project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good Poject Manager
- The Project Team
- Why is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management
- Managing Time and Resources constraints
- Case studies of real life project situation and how to deal with them.
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An overview of Project Management IT software
- Closing off and Post Completion Audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Defining and researching the Project; SWOT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present Project Progress, Monitor and Control.
- In depth review of Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project Constraints
Why choose Souters
Offering courses since 1988
Interest free credit financing
Fully accredited training centre
The fee of this 2-day workshop is £599.00. This includes all instructions and materials.
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses, Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located in...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews
Find out more about this Project Management for a PA, EA or Office Manager course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Maria needed the skills to get her the job she wanted. She turned to the Souters' Secretary PA course and Administration Diploma.
240 GBP-450 GBP