Power BI DAX
- At the end of this course you will have a greater understanding of building DAX functions. You will understand how you can optimise the speed of your measures in your data model and the use of variables to optimise and debug the DAX measures.
What to expect
- 24 months post training support included .
- Tailored and bespoke programme options .
- Our experienced training and logistics team in the last 23 years have assisted 201,571 people .
- Over 13,967 organisations trained .
- We are rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot and 98.8% of our customers recommend us .
- Delivery UK wide and international (75+ countries delivered) .
Suitability - Who should attend?
This one day course is ideal for experienced users of Power BI who wish to optimise the speed and efficiency of Power BI through the use of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) formula language.
Training Course Content
Introduction to DAXWhat is DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions)
Why do we need DAX in Power Bi Desktop
The DAX Structure
The DAX Formatter
Column Calculations versus Measures
Basic DAX functionsSUM/SUMX
PREVIOUSDAY/ PREVIOUSMONTH/ PREVIOUSQUARTER/ PREVIOUSYEAR
Other useful functionsLOOKUPVALUE
Understand the use of parameter tablesWhat is a parameter table
How to use a parameter table in DAX
The DAX Studio Application DemonstrationBenefits of writing DAX and testing DAX in DAX Studio
VariablesWhat is a variable and what is the benefit using variables
Introduction to calculated tables in Power BI DesktopWhat is calculated tables
Create Calendar table
The UNION function
Prices on application. Contact us for quote.
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5
Most useful topic: Variables
A lot to take in but course was run in a logical manner which help with understanding the various DAX formulas.
Scott was very knowledgeable about DAX and gave some great insights which I am looking forward to testing in my workplace; and answered any questions as we went. However; I do t...
Helping businesses improve performance with proven learning and development solutions. London-based with a global reach. STL seek to provide an unrivalled value and quality service, enabled by our strong working culture. Our 500+ courses deliver learning solutions across leadership and...