Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Wine Course - An introduction to the wonderful world of wine!The Training Terminal
As wine is now one of the most popular alcoholic drinks, demand has risen for professionals who serve wine properly. Understanding correct serving practices and a knowledge of wine is important if you want to deliver excellent customer service. The Introduction to Wine Course will provide you with the skills to serve wine properly, show you how to taste wine and teach what wines compliment specific foods.
This course is presented in easy to follow units, with Test Your Knowledge sections that allow you to check your understanding. At the end of the course you will need to complete and pass a multiple-choice assessment to obtain your certificate.
Duration and Time Limit
The course can be completed in approximately 1 – 2 hours, although there is no time limit and you can do the course at your own pace.
After finishing the course and successful completion of the final assessment you can download a PDF certificate, which is fully accredited by the CPD.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is designed for anybody interested in gaining a further understanding of the wonderful world of wine. Additionally, it is suited for anybody currently working in hospitality or seeking to work within the industry.
Training Course Content
- The Wine Production Process – How wine is made, viticulture and vinification processes and factors which affect the taste of wine
- Grape Varietals – Discover the different types of wine grapes and the various wines that they produce
- Wine Service – Storage temperatures and faults
- Wine Tasting – Appearance, aroma and palate
- Food and Wine – Learn how to choosing the right wines to accompany foods such as white meat, red meat, fish, cheese and desserts
Provider: The Training Terminal
The Training Terminal offers a fresh approach to hospitality training courses that will leave you fully prepared for the employment path that you have ahead. Whether you are completing courses as a statutory part of your work or you want...