Influencing Technical Decision-MakersUniversity of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
Influencing Technical Decision-Makers
Centred on a one day intensive seminar this course investigates and demonstrates how advanced technical communication skills can aid science and engineering professionals influence both internal and external key technical decision-makers.
The course provides participants with the opportunity to improve and gain confidence in presenting and defending complex technical arguments to expert and non-expert audiences through individual and group exercises assessed by leading practitioners in their field.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Through undertaking both individual and group role play exercises this course has been designed to enable mid-level career scientists and engineers to write and present their data and technical arguments more effectively and influence key decision makers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- recognise their strengths as a technical communicator and identify areas for self-development
- respond effectively to questions/criticism/ feedback from reviewers and committees.
Training Course Content
Intensive Seminar - 10am – 6pm
Facilitated by academic experts and Science & Technology leaders from industry, delegates will undertake a sequenced timetable at the University of Liverpool:
- Lecture: Technical Committee Presentations
- 5 minute individual elevator pitches
- Group work: Technical presentation preparation
- 30 minute group presentation to Technical Committee
- Technical Committee Presentation Review and Feedback
- Individual delegate feedback sessions.
Pre and Post Intensive Seminar
- 6 hours pre-reading
- 2 hours preparation of project presentation brief
- Lectures and further reading available through course e-learning platform.
The cost of this course is £750.
University of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
The business landscape has changed. More than ever, businesses need to ensure that they provide innovative training for their best talent, in order to compete on a global scale. A major priority for organisations of all sizes is to retain...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Influencing Technical Decision-Makers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
225 GBP-450 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams