Leadership courses - Forum

05/10/2009 09:39   Malcolm Thomas
Hi Findcourses, I attended the World of Learning Exhibition last week in the hope of finding some quality leadership training for myself and my company - and due to the wealth of companies out there I have information overload now, I was wondering if you could help recommend some leadership courses to me. Or does anyone have any advice? Is there a an alternative way to develop my managers rather than sending them on a course? Thanks, look forward to your answers, Malcolm

RE: Leadership courses
06/10/2009 11:17   Site Manager
post Thanks for your question Malcolm, the Findcourses Team also attended the World of Learning 2009 Exhibition, and you're right there was a wealth of information to be absorbed there! » For a guide to leadership courses, the benefits, and some valuable advice please see our Leadership Coaching guide. » For more details of our experience at the World of Learning 2009 please see our blog. In the coming weeks we will be releasing articles discussing the benefits of leadership training, alongside a number of the key speakers from the World of Learning event. If anyone has any other questions please ask here. Thanks, Your Findcourses Team

RE: RE: Leadership courses
09/10/2009 08:48   Tony
Hi, There seems to be a lot of talk about leadership courses at the moment - has anyone actually taken a course that made them a better leader? Can training really improve the way our leaders lead, or is just all hype? Can't help feeling negative, after not seeing many improvements after training. Anyone have any good experiences to inspire me? Thanks, Tony

RE: RE: RE: Leadership courses
14/10/2009 09:41   Jenny
Hi Findcourses, I just wanted to say (mostly to Tony) that there are definitely good courses out there to train people to be quality leaders. In may this year myself and two colleagues took an In House leadership development course - and it was marvellous, it was with Paramount Learning, and we really recommend it. In a course like this one you really get to the bottom of what's stopping you from being a good leader, and what you can do to lead and lead well - changed my whole perspective on leadership. People shouldn't be put off taking a leadership course - how else are you supposed to learn, improve or develop yourself? Why not try one before you judge! Thanks, Jenny

RE: RE: RE: RE: Leadership courses
15/10/2009 10:24   Site Manager
post Hi all, thanks for your message Jenny, and thanks for recommending Paramount Learning. For those of you who haven't heard of Paramount Learning: » See all courses listed by Paramount Learning Ltd » See Paramount Learning's 2 day Leadership Development Training Course Also worth a look is the Executive Leadership Programme with Spearhead training and also an e-learning leadership course: Leadership Skills with Management Forum. Have a read of the reviews for all the leadership courses, to see what others thought about leadership courses. Hope this helps, Your Findcourses Team

RE: RE: RE: RE: Leadership courses
22/10/2009 15:00   nelsonclassic
Hello friend, Management and leadership is the key factor of success of any organization or event, it is the need of the time, but only few people have that talent. Many people are emerging as leadership managers, but only few have that skill to create their own impression, and Jim Clemmer is one of them, his articles are the source of inspiration and energy for millions of people. I gone through his material and have read his online books also like moose on the table, Growing @ the speed of change.. it gave me help in developing leadership qualities and other professional skills. Regards, Nelson

RE: Leadership courses
19/12/2009 12:59   Dr Stephen Booy
Malcolm, In my experience, the challenge of leadership is like standing on the sea shore looking out to the horizon for the right solution for you - but the destination is not visable as it is over the horizon. Your feet are being teased by the different waves of training courses and latest fads - seeking to get your attention as the solution.... Having spent all of my life either leading teams or managing businesses, and more recently in coaching teams and executives, it is clear to me that success in leadership is about being true to yourself. Leadership of any kind, whether as the head of the organisation, or in a role within it - is founded through your sincerity. As you set out on your journey to find your island destination over the horizon, effective leadership is built from your own personal confidence and through the constant reflection of each situation you have responded to..... Of profound value are two books: Good to Great by Jim Collins - which, amongst other thinks, determines that 'great' organisations are achieved through leadership by ordinary people and not necessary managers with high charisma - from leadership workshops I have run - this is inspiring news to many. True North by Bill George - which confirms the value of authenticity in your leadership. Whatever theories and practices that you can gather from the wide range of leadership courses - success is based on your own true and authentic self - and the confidence you have in yourself to 'trust your guts'. Good luck in your quest. Dr Stephen Booy Director of Faculty and Learning CP Training Service Ltd.

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more